Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever played with a pro?

exeterseagull

May 19, 2008
exeter
Played in a charity match for my Sunday league team against a team comprised of former Exeter City players and their mates. Maybe doesn't mean a lot to some of you, but playing were Steve Neville, Trevor Morgan, Len Bond, John Delve and there were a couple from Plymouth Argyle too..bossed us all around the pitch, ran us ragged and managed to get our centre back carried off with concussion (clash if heads with Mr Morgan..). We kept the figures down to just below double figures, but a good bunch of bloked, most were 40+ and still knew how to find time, space and score bloody good goals..and god they knew how to throw a party at the pub afterwards...raised about £700 for charity too...

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
i played with kane wills as a youngster and i had a kick about with roberto di matteo it was more a keepy uppy contest i one of course one of the best moments of my life :clap2:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
How could I forget I have nutmegged 2 pros in my life time

The first (and I called it) was Ray Wilkins in a charity 6 a side tournament, he was kind enough to pick me out after the game and say well done you cheeky beggar

and the 2nd was Nicky Forster at Half time during the Luton game, he then came on and scored 2 and scored about 8 in his next 10 games :D

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
played with some ex-pros in the past and still do these days.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not played with, have played against Joel Lynch, Joe Gatting and Dean Cox however.

Back in the 70's the Arsenal first team goalkeeper Geoff Barnett used to come for a kickabout with our hotel team - he was staying at the hotel following his move from Everton.

I could NOT believe just how hard he could kick a ball :ohmy:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
When I used to play - just for fun - I played with a lad who had played for that lot in Croydon and he was superb. He was so much better than us and knew it so he used to keep us in the game - instead of scoring bundles of goals himself he'd feed through these beautiful through balls for us donkeys to hit over the bar !!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was in the same year as Andy Frampton, who plays for Millwall (formerly Brentford and Palace). Played him in house leagues, but not in the same school team, obviously.

I played against one of the Virgo brothers. Only because two of the goalkeepers ahead of me both had measles. Can't remember which one though - possibly James?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Played alongside Ricky Newman a few times for Horsham reps many moons ago.He played for cranliegh and i played for Southwater in the Horsham mini minor league.He was a very good player as a youngster.I think hes at Aldershot now.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
had a kick about with :bowdown: Bobby Zamora :bowdown: a few times in his last season of playing for us. i would of only been about 13........ but still SKINNED him. :thumbsup:

He also used to bring his dog which was actually like a realy life air bud.

D

Deleted User X18H

Mark Janney ex Dagenham and Redbridge playd for our office team once as did Beckett Hollandbach ex USA under 20 international who works for us

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Played with Tommy Fraser a couple of times when I was younger, Kane Louis when I was at junior school too. Recently realised that Wes Fogden was my coach at John Robinsons Soccer School a few years ago. Played for Ryan Thomsons team when I was 11 or something too, and Lewis Dunk through school who I think will be in the first team in a couple of seasons. Had a few kick arounds with Stuart Tuck at school too.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
played with

gary jones (doncaster, southend, notts county, halifax)
colin douglas (doncaster, rotherham)

played against

ian snodin (england, doncaster, everton) he was very hard to get the ball from him. always seemed to create space around himself and spay the ball around from center back position. we drew game 2.2

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Played with Rodgers, Marlowe and Taylor in the REMF games and Ive saved a shot (t hit me and bloody hurt) from Alan Smith (ex Arsenal, not the mouthy ex leeds, Man U,Newcastle).

I used to OWN Kane Lewes when he was 14 down the park and Ive played against Jake Robinson and Dean Cocks in the school team.

Ive also played against Darren Budd about a month after he got released by Brighton and I nealry died trying to keep up with him!!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Dean Cox :thumbsup:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
most of late 80's early 90's albion.

Fozzy, Gascoigne, Lineker, Adams, Southgate..............

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Played one game for a Sunday League team. Russell Bromage was playing for us at left back. Nothing special.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Played regularly with guy who was on Hartlepool's book as a kid - he was good but not that good.

I've played against Trevor Hebberd (ex-Saints) .... at cricket, in fact, I caught him for a quacker.

Have played bridge against a few internationals - does that count?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here