Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever bumped into an ex player on holiday?

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Met Iain Dowie at heathrow terminal 5 a few years back. I said hi but he was in a total flap as he was late for a flight and had left his ticket somewhere. On another occasion at heathrow I saw Carlton Palmer sitting in the airside bar - it was so hard not to shout out CARLTON as per Graham Taylor

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/6140922.stm

Luton manager Newell was furious that assistant referee Amy Rayner failed to award his side a penalty in the 3-2 loss to QPR.

He said: "She shouldn't be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist. This is not park football, so what are women doing here?"

Newell was incensed that Rayner and referee Andy D'Urso failed to award his side a spot-kick when QPR defender Marcus Bignot tangled with Carlos Edwards in the penalty box.

"It is absolutely beyond belief. When do we reach a stage when all officials are women because then we are in trouble?"

"It is tokenism - for the politically-correct idiots," said Newell. "We have a problem in this country with political correctness and bringing women into the game is not the way to improve refereeing and officialdom. It is bad enough with the incapable referees and linesmen we have but if you start bringing in women, you have big problems."

Marcos Bignot. The man who ended Charlie Oatway's playing career,

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
As a child my parents got chatting to Tony Adams and his Mrs, ended up planning to go on holiday to the same place at the same time as they got on so well a couple of times. Not too sure why we stopped doing that.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I met Frank Worthington with the Sunderland team in Majorca in the few days between the 1983 Cup Final and the replay. I asked him if he thought Gary Stevens was good enough to play for England. Frank told me "No, he wasn't".

A year later Frank was playing for the Albion, and Gary was playing for England.

As a child my parents got chatting to Tony Adams and his Mrs, ended up planning to go on holiday to the same place at the same time as they got on so well a couple of times. Not too sure why we stopped doing that.

Met Adams at 2015 final also Paul Merson at the same final, also met Paul Merson at the mall in Brighton a few years earlier,very nice bloke but Adams only gets a 3/10:(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I interviewed LARRY MAY in the clubshop once, as part of my school project. Which was nice of him.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Not on holiday but a few years back I was working at the Goodwood estate and I had to do a breakfast barbecue for a golf day, called the Paul Jones Invitational or something. I assumed it was a corporate jolly, and didn't think too much of it, but it was ex-Wales and Southampton goalkeeper Paul Jones, and I arrived at work to be greeted by Sugar Ray Clemence looking for a bacon roll.... There was a whole host of 80s/90s footballer, including our own Jimmy Case. It was like the panini sticker albums from my youth had come to life (and aged twenty years). Jamie Rednapp was very friendly, so too was Luther Blissett and, erm, Graham Rix. My own personal highlight was getting the aforementioned organiser mixed up with Nigel Martyn.

Bumped into Dean Hammond at Centre Parcs (Nottingham) last month during half term holiday. He was with family and holidaying with David Nugent and family. Had a quick chat about his time and nearly re-signing. I did enquire whether Nugent would be keen on signing - he just laughed! I then later tweeted Dean (my new holiday friend) but then appeared to avoid me for the rest of the week - did that staring into distance thing whenever paths crossed!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bumped into Dean Hammond at Centre Parcs (Nottingham) last month during half term holiday. He was with family and holidaying with David Nugent and family. Had a quick chat about his time and nearly re-signing. I did enquire whether Nugent would be keen on signing - he just laughed! I then later tweeted Dean (my new holiday friend) but then appeared to avoid me for the rest of the week - did that staring into distance thing whenever paths crossed!!

Maybe if your Twitter handle wasn't "filthyfulltoss" he'd have been more receptive :lolol:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Worked on a Building site with Glenn Cockerill just after he'd been sacked at Woking . Funny thing was we were both working for The Woking Chairmans Construction Company . Turned out to be a top bloke aswell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here