Have you done the ice bucket yet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did it tonight, as did my 10 year old daughter who unfortunately can't hold as heavier bucket as I can!!!! However, bucked the trend and donated to mind.org.uk.

Dec 18, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also there are a couple of key items required that most people can't seem to get ... To do this 'challenge' ... and I use this word loosely, you need the following:

1. A bucket of water containing a reasonable volume of water– a washing up bowl just won’t do!
2. Cold water containing more than 2 ice cubes – lukewarm water just won’t cut it!

A washing up bowl full of lukewarm water with 2 ice cubes isn’t much of an achievement is it? Certainly not worth filming and posting on FB in my opinion! It you’re going to go to the effort of doing this at least do it properly!

Rant over!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's Middle England's equivalent of the Bubonic Plague -you can see it creeping ever closer until everyone is affected. The wife got nominated today and so that'll then be me getting soaked on Friday

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i did it this afternoon but filmed it on an HTC phone which will not upload the movie to face book......my daughter and one of her mates did it too and they are not amused as we can't get the vids up on fb........any ideas...??

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Harmless fun. I won't be doing it though and my friends know not to bother asking me. I do practical, hands on charity work as I believe in giving to those in need even if it's serving them dinner or helping paint a hall. What I will never do is give money towards some CEO's inflated salary or pay for some student who thinks because she's got nice wobblers and a dream to go skydiving or go for a beano up some mountain in foreign climes we should all dig deep so she can post it on FB and put a proud smile on her parents face, parents who could pay thrice over for her jolly without involving every yin yan in the known world.

I do give cash money to MacMillan though. I'd split my last quid with that beautiful bunch of people.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i did it this afternoon but filmed it on an HTC phone which will not upload the movie to face book......my daughter and one of her mates did it too and they are not amused as we can't get the vids up on fb........any ideas...??

Get a mate with a better phone to film it playing on your phone screens then post that video? Quality may be a little compromised but better than nowt.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Get a mate with a better phone to film it playing on your phone screens then post that video? Quality may be a little compromised but better than nowt.

i was looking for something a bit more technical than that tbh.........sausage and egg sandwich with fried onions , mustard and ketchup, now that is a hang-over cure...btw :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
you edited that ya bugger..!

I did indeed! I am in an unusually nice mood today and my original one seemed rather stroppy. And thanks for the cure, I went for tea and a soft boiled egg with soldiers to be kind to my tummy.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I did indeed! I am in an unusually nice mood today and my original one seemed rather stroppy. And thanks for the cure, I went for tea and a soft boiled egg with soldiers to be kind to my tummy.

aaaaahh , that's nice....."boiled egg and soldiers" genuine snigger moment....nice one...!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
aaaaahh , that's nice....."boiled egg and soldiers" genuine snigger moment....nice one...!

Thanks! Genuine soldiers too. I have a novelty army tank eggcup with a plastic thing that cuts out toast into little army soldiers with rifles. There is even a little green woolen army helmet to pop on the egg to keep it warm. A present from my brother who lives to buy such things for people.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thanks! Genuine soldiers too. I have a novelty army tank eggcup with a plastic thing that cuts out toast into little army soldiers with rifles. There is even a little green woolen army helmet to pop on the egg to keep it warm. A present from my brother who lives to buy such things for people.

:longlaugh: oh the imagery that conjours up is quite special...!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
it's a bit involved ....is the lego macbeth one of his gifts as well.?

Ha, no that was actually gifted as an avatar to me by Hans Kray Fan Club I didn't know how to create an avatar so he kindly popped it on there for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports