Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you booked your summer holiday yet?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Main holiday will be grizzly bear watching on Vancouver Island in September
Not sure if you are being serious or not. I would love to see a bear. I know they can be found in Romania(black bear)

My missus would love to see a silver back gorilla in the wild

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not sure if you are being serious or not. I would love to see a bear. I know they can be found in Romania(black bear)

Loads of bear-spotting opportunities in North America.
I'm far too much of a pu**y to go for it though as I've just seen the Revenant!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Antigua then Turks & Caicos. Any insights most welcome.

If you go to Shirley Heights in Antigua on Sunday night, keep an eye on your womenfolk, the locals are not as friendly as you might think.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Mrs Fantana is due to give birth to our first, right in the middle of the summer holidays so we'll be looking for a March/early April getaway. Any recommendations for somewhere good at that time of year great fully received!

Well there's no way I'd take our baby on a plane. Will probably go to the Vendee or similar if we can find the money.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Main holiday will be grizzly bear watching on Vancouver Island in September

Good luck with that, they are the dangerous bear. Was lucky to see a mother black bear and cubs from 30 yards in Sequoia NP 2 years back. They were lazily scratching a tree trunk. It was a great scene.had time to run off and get the mrs's to see them as well.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Need something before the baby arrives!

Ah sorry Brian, thought you meant next year.

Well we went on our last holiday as a couple in July when my wife was 7 months pregnant (we booked it a week before we found out).

A two week tour of Andalucia taking in Jerez, Cordoba and Granada (and briefly to Cadiz, Malaga and a few other places), by car and avoiding the places that are full of English people where possible. I wouldn't bother with Jerez again but the other two places are amazing. (It was our second visit to Granada following our honeymoon). If you're into food and/or history they come highly recommended.

It was far too hot for her (circa 45oC on a daily basis, and 40oC at 11pm!) but I imagine it'd be perfect in April. Depends what you're looking for though.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Ah sorry Brian, thought you meant next year.

Well we went on our last holiday as a couple in July when my wife was 7 months pregnant (we booked it a week before we found out).

A two week tour of Andalucia taking in Jerez, Cordoba and Granada (and briefly to Cadiz, Malaga and a few other places), by car and avoiding the places that are full of English people where possible. I wouldn't bother with Jerez again but the other two places are amazing. (It was our second visit to Granada following our honeymoon). If you're into food and/or history they come highly recommended.

It was far too hot for her (circa 45oC on a daily basis, and 40oC at 11pm!) but I imagine it'd be perfect in April. Depends what you're looking for though.

That sounds like a really good option - will definitely check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
First "holiday" in 6 years this summer.

Off to Mexico on honeymoon. Saving for it makes me realise why I haven't done one in 6 years!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Yes and it's awesome!
Such an amazing little town with the best pizza restaurant I've ever been to by miles.

I think the ski resort we went to was just called 'Stowe Mountain Resort'.
Loved it and would happily go back.

11070008_10153194416678896_6056090613009178902_n.jpg

1558375_10153194416688896_1647029514994397905_n.jpg

10487216_10153194418183896_5583747861301467356_n.jpg

11061251_10153194416698896_2905153227535004563_n.jpg

I was at Stowe last Saturday. It’s my favourite ski resort on the North East. I like the way the gondola splits the mountain between Mount Mansfield and Spruce. Good beers in the bars as well and some of the best clam chowder in the area.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes

Thanks for the comment. We have seen quite a few brown bears in and around the Rockies before (a fly-drive aboutMay time - you stand every chance), also polar bears up at Churchill. Big mammals are awesome (except for Guy Butters obviously). This will be an organised trip and we will go to known proven viewing points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here