Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have YOU besmirched the good name of the club in any way?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would have been easier just to hand out a junior shirt.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
'a totally unacceptable incident'

Politically correct term, or blue sky thinking boxxocks, for someone possibly questioning a directive from a member of staff, or even worse possibly swearing at them. If the incident is worthy of a press release from the club then they should at least give us the full story, or are they being faux offended to allow them to remind us all that we are being watched? All a bit spooky just before Halloween, I am almost feeling harassed.

Brighton & Hove Albion are reminding fans to continue to follow and represent the club with pride and passion when supporting the team at home and away, ahead of Saturday's match against Preston North End at the Amex.

<some stuff>

‘Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club and not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the club in any way or through any means.

'This includes, but is not restricted to, conduct at any Brighton & Hove Albion fixture, including the first-team, under-23s, women's and academy teams; all club events; while travelling to and from any match or event; and conduct on social media.

'The club also does not tolerate foul and/or abusive behaviour towards staff, either in person or via any form of communication with club staff, including telephone, email and social media. Anybody in breach of these rules can expect a lengthy ban, potentially life long, depending on the severity of the breach.'

Source >>> http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3359184.aspx

I'm as clean as a whistle. Honest, guv. How about you?

Honestly the games gone:shootself

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
As much as I love the club and it has always been a big, uniting part of my family, I also want to give it a big 'F#CK OFF!' and get on with what is REALLY important in my life and no longer be patronised, fleeced and taken for granted by it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Seems strange to post not long after the good story of the assistance to the wheelchair team to enable them to play in their tournament. I would have thought that given the need to remind supporters, that this would have been better left to tomorrow to enable the focus to remain on the wheelchair players. - Who hopefully will be bringing home the clubs first European Trophy.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Brighton & Hove Albion are reminding fans to continue to follow and represent the club with pride and passion when supporting the team at home and away, ahead of Saturday's match against Preston North End at the Amex.

<some stuff>

‘Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club and not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the club in any way or through any means.

'This includes, but is not restricted to, conduct at any Brighton & Hove Albion fixture, including the first-team, under-23s, women's and academy teams; all club events; while travelling to and from any match or event; and conduct on social media.

'The club also does not tolerate foul and/or abusive behaviour towards staff, either in person or via any form of communication with club staff, including telephone, email and social media. Anybody in breach of these rules can expect a lengthy ban, potentially life long, depending on the severity of the breach.'

Source >>> http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3359184.aspx

I'm as clean as a whistle. Honest, guv. How about you?

It's like being back at school isn’t it? Received many of these then, the bit about behaviour required whilst travelling to and from matches (school) sound very familiar.

It's a preemptive telling off aimed at everyone supporting the club, 99.9 percent of whom are never likely to behave badly. And will have zero effect on the 0.1% who might. In short, it makes the club look a bit silly IMHO.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've been thrown out for smoking an e cig in an OPEN AIR concourse at one of the discos

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I collaborated on a book that was so offensive that the club shop (now the Nike Superstore) refused to sell it. I think it may have been because Ray Bloom felt besmirched.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Bizarrely worded. If you buy a ticket you are simply paying to watch a game of football, not joining a cult or a society. Many of us do have a greater sense of identification than that but it is not a condition of sale unlike complying with the regulations.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've been thrown out at the end of two Amex matches - Millwall & Norwich(disco) :ohmy:

This was entirely due to [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] and his crew :drink:

You BESMIRCHED the good name of disco dancing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
would a member of staff having a horrible accident in the away dressing room and then everyone lying and blaming the home team constitute besmirching your club?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think Barber has dropped the ball here. Actually he's dropped the ball and then realised that it's an egg, which is now all over his face, and his expensive suit.

I've BESMIRCHED the Albion (criteria tba) I suppose when I went to Old Trafford and pissed all over the glass front of the shithouse on my way out. I MAY or may not have shouted derogatory comments about that club and something about BHAFC being by far the greatest at the time but that is anecdotal.

I didn't get arrested but I presume it still counts as a BESMIRSCH?

el punal

I must confess that I booed and hissed when the Albion played Oxford in the FA Cup back in 1981. It was the most abject performance that I've seen a Brighton team play.

For this outburst of booing and hissing I most humbly apologise to the club, the players, and the fans, who witnessed this unseemly behaviour.

There! That's got that off my conscience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here