Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we gone backwards?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I thought that overall we looked more assured this week and kept the ball a bit better, but we still have a way you to go. The two teams we have played have shut us down really quickly and we have not been doing the same to them. We look as if we are learning. We have coped with the Man City attack and today with Vardy - the goals have come from individual errors. Ryan is bedding in, but instead of focusing on his error for the first goal, why not look at how just beforehand our attack broke down in a promising position - we failed to get the ball in the box when we could have, they got possession and scored.

I am worried, but still think we are improving and certainly have not disgraced ourselves. We lost to Manchester City and an improving Leicester, champions two seasons ago. We looked okay against both, but toothless and we need to sort out our attack. March, Murphy and Knocky running at defenders looks good, we need to do more of it.

Would I like to see Maenpaa given a run? Yes, he has earned it and he should have been given a run pre-christmas last year. But don't hound Ryan - Stockdale messed up at times as well.

Anyway, I love the Albion and will always hold on to a grain of optimism!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I thought we looked ok last week and I haven't seen us play today, so I can't say we've gone backwards. The opposition are ahead of us, both having won trophies in the recent past, so we are playing catch up.

If we lose six in a row, then I'll start to question.

You obviously don't understand NSC, we don't have common sense or reasonable posts we go from the greatest team ever to a complete and utter car crash nothing else is allowed

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The standard of refereeing has gone backwards and as for that linesman giving a corner instead of offside for their second that was dreadful.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We can revert to 4-4-2 when Baldock is back or when we get our pacy striker in the next 10 days.

That's my thinking - if we get Baldock back/sign a pacy striker and DONT revert back (or at least stop playing 1 up front) then i'll begin to worry...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here