Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Volkswagen completely lost the plot?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
VW were not, certainly 5 years ago, They were on salary. That's why they were so different from Ford. But my problems were about servicing so, side issue. Cheers.

You cannot incentivise a salesman with a salary. If you were dealing with a Volkswagen direct outlet then they may have used a different system but I doubt it. Even service staff are now targeted to sell this, that and the other. Servicing on my Merc was not too expensive but it would NEVER come back with a clean bill of health, 'there is a bit of corrosion on your blah blah part, it will cost x amount to replace it, would you like us to book it in?'. Of course there is corrosion on it, the car is nearly 10 years old, it makes zero difference to the safety or longevity of the car, and it cannot be seen so does not spoil the car cosmetically. But they still try to sell it to you. Sales huh, bunch of sharks.....

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The fuel fiddling issue is the main problem with the VW group. They've agreed to compensate US owners but not European owners. They're a bunch of shysters.

I am still living in optimism land and hoping for a couple of grand to compensate me for them hoodwinking me into buying my gas guzzling, carbon emitting Tiguan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You cannot incentivise a salesman with a salary. If you were dealing with a Volkswagen direct outlet then they may have used a different system but I doubt it. Even service staff are now targeted to sell this, that and the other. Servicing on my Merc was not too expensive but it would NEVER come back with a clean bill of health, 'there is a bit of corrosion on your blah blah part, it will cost x amount to replace it, would you like us to book it in?'. Of course there is corrosion on it, the car is nearly 10 years old, it makes zero difference to the safety or longevity of the car, and it cannot be seen so does not spoil the car cosmetically. But they still try to sell it to you. Sales huh, bunch of sharks.....

Fair point. I'm thinking lovingly of my bicycle right now :lolol: At last its me who fixes it and me who gives me shit when the bugger still has its arse hanging out of its trousers . . . .

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Depends how new the vehicle is. If serviced and maintained to manufacturer standards then the warranty should not be affected. Reality is that the non franchised dealer will not have access to all the technical info that may be required to service/repair until some years after its first production, that is what a franchised dealer buys into, and then charges Jo Public accordingly.
For the warranty period, I understand it, but I've heard of people taking 10 year old cars to a Stealership for servicing.
As for technical info, not the case these days, a lot of Manufacturers now give you all the tech help you want, ford are especially good with this.
They realise a lot of people are wising up to the reality that they can get the equivalent service elsewhere for less cost, so they now try to help the indie so that they will buy the parts from them rather than getting cheap parts from the local factor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here