Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have this feeling that all will not be well in summer.........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I try not to get miserable by thinking about what could happen, particularly when I have no inside info whatsoever.......much easier to deal with things if and when they actually do happen. You should try it.......

Yes, why worry about something that hasn't happened yet. Time enough to moan, if & when it goes wrong. In the meantime, I'll enjoy staying up, & the close season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Its not all about how much money you spend take Kayal for instance.

been saying this for ages
and the only time I become a miserable old bar steward is when I read some of the comments on here from B/G but I forgive him he is younger than me and only a whipper snapper

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we can fund aquisition of (something like)

S.Ward
Bassong
Lansbury
E.Bennett
Mackie
Zamora
Ulloa 2

we should do well.

Lansbury and Mackie are unrealistic. I would look more at a midfielder like Lewis MCGuggan or Watford no 5 Guedioura who really impressed me.to be our attacking midfielder if Crofts doesnt make it back.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I have a feeling that Hughton wouldn't have taken the job if he hadn't of had some kind of guarantee of enough financial backing in the summer to challenge for promotion. Its not like the extent of the challenge would have been a shock to him, when he took over we were just above the relegation zone on goal difference.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have a feeling that if we don't know whether the summer will be good or bad, it is perhaps better to think that it's a good summer, unless events prove otherwise.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It can't be any worse than the last two summers! We had Poyet's disciplinary hanging over us two summers ago and last Summer was was difficult with a new manager imposing a new style of play, a woeful pre season, the sale of our main striker and loss of our main centre back, panic buys and poor acquisitions, and lost out to at least two key players in Ward and Clayton. Surely it can't get any worse than that, we were so I'll prepared last August it's laughable.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
It can't be any worse than the last two summers! We had Poyet's disciplinary hanging over us two summers ago and last Summer was was difficult with a new manager imposing a new style of play, a woeful pre season, the sale of our main striker and loss of our main centre back, panic buys and poor acquisitions, and lost out to at least two key players in Ward and Clayton. Surely it can't get any worse than that, we were so I'll prepared last August it's laughable.
why was clayton a key player for us to sign then

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
id personally also put the following up for sale.
Stockdale (made some good saves but defence dont seem to have confidence in and the crowd get nervous when ball near him, this must have effect on defence.)
Greer - possibly look to move on but is on a positive good in the camp and been good overall since been at club.
Holla - i dont think is upto it at this standard.
Caskey forster - (if cant get the performances out of him like does for england under 21s might be better to cash in as will be plenty of clubs interested in him and get a decent fee.)
Crofts (dont think fitness wise and performances wise not as consistent as was properly on fair wages as well.)

Apart from JFC, I can't see any clubs offering money for any of them.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It worries me that the squad Hughton needed to get promotion with Newcastle is light years ahead of what we have or are ever likely to have.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
why was clayton a key player for us to sign then

Huddersfield player of the season in 2014. Good midfield player who we were rumoured in the press to have bid for last August alongside Middlesbrough. Also rumoured on here that he visited the amex before making his mind up. Has played about 40 times this season for the team currently sitting third. He would have been a key player for us if we'd managed to sign him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It worries me that the squad Hughton needed to get promotion with Newcastle is light years ahead of what we have or are ever likely to have.
So in the unlikely event of us replacing him with Jose Mourinho in the summer presumably you'd be worried that Mourinho had only ever won anything with better players than we've got now .......

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I believe that Tony Bloom's company would have studied all Championship fixtures between January and next weekend and come to the highly-informed view (consider how it makes its money) that we would survive without major spend in January, thus clearing the decks for large scale summer investment to transform our fortunes in the crucial Amex season five. We shall see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So in the unlikely event of us replacing him with Jose Mourinho in the summer presumably you'd be worried that Mourinho had only ever won anything with better players than we've got now .......

That was often said about Sir Alex would he have done the same with Rochdale and their resources?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Has Mourinho managed in the Championship?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I believe that Tony Bloom's company would have studied all Championship fixtures between January and next weekend and come to the highly-informed view (consider how it makes its money) that we would survive without major spend in January, thus clearing the decks for large scale summer investment to transform our fortunes in the crucial Amex season five. We shall see.

But just in case they signed Leon Best.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here