Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the plastic fans taken over this club

Jan 30, 2008
"It makes me sick..." Get over yourself, would you?

Would you call my eight year old son 'plastic' because he only started going to the football since we've been at the Amex? Or could it possibly be that he's now of the age where he's old enough to appreciate it, and really enjoy it? Something he probably wouldn't have done during the Withdean years because of a) the surroundings b) his age.

We've got, what is it, 22,000 ST holders? Withdean and Gillingham didn't hold 22,000 people. Are you saying that these are all 'plastic'? "No commitment"? :facepalm:

FWIW, I find those that want to hark back to the "good old days" when "football was football" and "fans went toe to toe with each other" and all that crap, harder to stomach than those that has discovered the Albion and enjoy an afternoon at the football since the opening of the new stadium.
NOTHING AGAINST THE YOUNGSTERS COMING THROUGH THE RANKS , YOU KNOW THE TYPE I'M ON ABOUT :rant:
regards
DR

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
couldn't be bothered going tonight , didn't think i would ever say that about Palace away but that's how shit it's got
regards
DR

Thank **** for that. Perhaps someone a little more positive has taken that ticket instead. Don't bother going to the home game either: there'll be far too many 'plastics' there for your taste. Ditto Wembley, if we were to triumph.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
NOTHING AGAINST THE YOUNGSTERS COMING THROUGH THE RANKS , YOU KNOW THE TYPE I'M ON ABOUT :rant:
regards
DR

So when we built the stadium which is 4 times the size of the previous one, the only way you would have been happy was for existing ST holder's children to be the 'new' ones? So maybe a crowd of 13000 or so?

Good logic.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
couldn't be bothered going tonight , didn't think i would ever say that about Palace away but that's how shit it's got
regards
DR
I am going to hazard a guess that you are a minority voice here Das Reich..... the days of yore when hooligans were allowed to rule the grounds and town centres are long gone, move on, or better still, if you cant adjust then jog on..... please.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Imagine the waiting list if we hit the big time,there must be another 10,000 Premier only plastics in waiting..

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
So you don't agree 100% with the thread...

I agree with the fact that the club have a high majority of plastic fans, yes. The stats talk for themselves, a 2/3 full 6,000 seater Withdean every week at the bottom of League One, and now we're selling out a 30,000 seater stadium 5 years later!

Jan 30, 2008
I am going to hazard a guess that you are a minority voice here Das Reich..... the days of yore when hooligans were allowed to rule the grounds and town centres are long gone, move on, or better still, if you cant adjust then jog on..... please.
nothing to do with FV somerset ,yep i'll jog on
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Thank **** for that. Perhaps someone a little more positive has taken that ticket instead. Don't bother going to the home game either: there'll be far too many 'plastics' there for your taste. Ditto Wembley, if we were to triumph.
clueless
regards
DR

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Strangely, this thread is a wonderful diversion from the butt-clenching reality of Playoff Semi buildup. It feels like a 'normal service resumed' sort of thread.

THANKS DR

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What does piss me off is the fact that you have a lot of people at the Amex that never went to the Goldstone, Priestfield or Withdean they support Man Utd, Spurs, Chelski etc
but moan saying they cant afford their prices or they are just too plain lazy to go there every other week , never ever attend Brighton away matches and call themselves "loyal Brighton fans" WTF ?????
And no I'm not on about the new generation of kids and some others ETC supporting Albion thats great to see, you know exactly the sort of people I'm talking about !!!

Guess what YOUR NOT LOYAL FANS !! never have been, never will be !!
Tossers !!:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:
If things ever go badly wrong at Brighton (hopefuly they wont, but who knows) these so called fans that are loyal and spend money at Albion will soon disappear by the thousand !!!
Back to armchair viewing of Man Utd and the others.

RANT OVER !!!

Jan 30, 2008
So when we built the stadium which is 4 times the size of the previous one, the only way you would have been happy was for existing ST holder's children to be the 'new' ones? So maybe a crowd of 13000 or so?

Good logic.
you put those words straight in my mouth , YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I WAS IMPLYING face up to it
regards
DR

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I agree with the fact that the club have a high majority of plastic fans, yes. The stats talk for themselves, a 2/3 full 6,000 seater Withdean every week at the bottom of League One, and now we're selling out a 30,000 seater stadium 5 years later!

So what's your definition of plastic? If someone is paying to come watch the club, what more do they have to do to not be 'plastic' (which is the shittest phrase going). I've had a ST for 13 years and when I got my plum seats on the Half way line in WSU and bought 3 mates along with me I felt NO annoyance at it in the slightest. I don't care that they didn't sit there in the rain on a Tuesday night watching a 0-0 with Torquay or Cheltenham at an Athletics track. I'm delighted they want to come and watch their local team and pay to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here