Have Just heard something potentially very BAD!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
Someone who has a lot to do with the club has just told me he thinks there may be some problems because apparently Piercy should have been serving a 1 match ban?

Apparently all sorts of trouble is being kicked up

Can anyone please let me know if this is true or not? I don't like the sound of it!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It sounds highly unlikely.

And what would the ban be for? He hasn't been sent off (well not for months anyway) and hasn't been on long enough to be booked much.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
A ban? For what? He has had 3 yellow cards all season, and a sending off back in November.. was it something at reserve level?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The ban can be carried from the reserve team to the first team. Surely unlikely.

I remember Harry Redknapp making that mistake with Manny Omoyinmi, who came on as sub played for Hammers in a quarter final Worthing cup match with Villa about 5 years ago. Hammers won the match and had seemingly booked a semi final place. However, Omoyinmi was cup-tied after going on loan to Barnet.

West Ham had to replay the match and they lost.

The West Ham secretary resigned and Redknapp was furious with Omoyinmi for being so stupid.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Blimey...even if this is true. They wouldn't replay the finial The result would stand. Maybe a fine at most.

Last edited:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
That list does only show suspensions from 5th - 11th May though, and our game was on the 30th. Unless he was banned from all football for something in the reserve team, I dunno.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So it's utter horseshit then.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Well, he isn't on the suspension list from 12th - 18th May.

From the FA website:

To avoid any possibility of a misunderstanding we would like to make it clear that a player whose suspension carries over from one Season to the next is free to play after the Club's First Team has completed its final competitive match in Season 2003/2004 until its opening League match in Season 2004/2005. In other words, a suspension DOES NOT remain in effect during the "Close Season".

This doesnt really apply, as the Final would have been our final competitive match, but Piercy didnt pick up any cautions or sendings off between 18th and 30th May, so this just isn't true at all.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
But was he also named as a sub for the Swindon games?

And scored one of our penalties?

Was he booked at all?

Why did the ban only start for the final?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports