Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I missed something??

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Has Steve Coppell actually left?? I can't find confirmation anywhere that he has yet everybody on here is acting as though he has......

Just because he is talking to Reading doesn't mean jack. Okay, there are somethings that Reading can offer that we can't - a nice, big stadium; good training facilities; um..... er..... a bit more cash maybe but that's about it.

Anybody who was invited to interview for a job that, on the surface, looked better than the one they had would go but it doesn't follow that they would definitely take the job once they get a closer look at all that is involved......

I think Coppell will stay (unless he HAS actually quit already and I missed it somehow in which case I take everything I just said back).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Guaranted Div 1 football....we cant offer that

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
But Chutney has a point, he hasn't gone yet so get out there and give him some more of that support he saw on Tuesday - make the decision a tough one for him.

Then, when he resigns, give the bastard some stick for lack of loyalty ;)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
He'll be wiht the team saturdya and thats when we need to le thim know we want him to stay, if he then leaves I will f***ing hate his guts for the rest of his/my life.

Saturday I will support him to the hilt.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's the lack of loyalty, that he has shown at almost every other club, that is most disappointing and suggests that there is more to it than just a better opportunity turning up.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
He'll be wiht the team saturdya and thats when we need to le thim know we want him to stay, if he then leaves I will f***ing hate his guts for the rest of his/my life.

exactly :clap:

while he's still here, lets make his decision a hard one!

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I just wonder about the timing. Having signed on at the beginning of the season you'd have thought that he'd want to see what happens with Falmer. He's got the opportunity to be in at the beginning of a very exiting period for the club if we get the go-ahead.

The only reason I can see him going is if Madesjki offers him a much bigger salary.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They were after Peter Taylor and he turned it down...and that would have been a leap of two divisions.

It's true that he hasn't gone yet. I just fear the worst.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Well it seems that Madjeski and Reading love us so much they even want the steam off of our piss. How about sending them a steaming sample :lolol:

sherriffbart

Sep 24, 2003
maybe we are all missing the point here.

Horton leaves us for a "bigger club" near his home

Adams leaves us for a bigger club in Leicester

Taylor leaves us and ends up at Hull, a team definately on the up

Coppell leaves us for a club managed by a meglomaniac with a nice stadium.

I wonder what it is actually like working for our board that so many people don't want to hang round. We as supporters are being told that there is this holy grail awaiting us at Falmer, but maybe someone the likes of Adams/Taylor/Coppell know different.

I am very depressed and cant think what some poeple on here are on about when they are remaining positive.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
sherriffbart said:
I am very depressed and cant think what some poeple on here are on about when they are remaining positive.

Something I got from supporting the Albion - Knowledge that success is always round the corner no matter how far away it seems and you must think positive to get the result.
Life goes on, remember how you felt when MA went and look at how you felt on tuesday!

sherriffbart

Sep 24, 2003
yes but this is one step too far.

I think we need a sensible debate - without slagging each other off and quoting the " well he saved us" line, about our lack of ability to keep hold of decent managers.

This is a board problem not ours.

We shout loudly enough to show how much we love the club and manager after manager craps on us

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think the Sherriff is right. Too many managers don't want to stick with 'our' Dick.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
munster monch said:
It's the lack of loyalty, that he has shown at almost every other club, that is most disappointing and suggests that there is more to it than just a better opportunity turning up.

What lack of loyalty?? He is just talking to them at the moment... could be that his good manners won't let him turn his back when Reading asked to talk to him.

Remember, just before Neon signed for us he went to QPR to see what they were offering - more out of politeness than with any real intent of signing for them.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was just listening to a guy from radio Berks (how appropriate) and he said that Reddung fc and its fan were getting increasingly impatient with Coppell's delay....way to go Stevie boy. The guy from radio Berks seemed puzzled as to why Hoddle and Taylor turned the job down and why Coppell is delaying his decision. The general concensus is that if Reading's meglomaniacal chairman offers you a job you should bite his hand off to get it. Maybe we've all mis-judged SC?

Would like to think so but somehow doubt it deep down:(

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Something to ask in a sensible way at the next fans forum. IF SC leaves surely we can request one and put things to DK in an ordered way. We don't know all the facts and I think we need to, maybe we do know it all and assume somethings being hidden. I trust DK and am sure he's doing all he can to keep the club safe while we get Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here