Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I awoken in some horrendous parallel universe?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just switched on the television to see what is on in the half hour before HIGNFY, to hear the following:

"And now on BBC1, the BRAND NEW series of Citizen Khan."

:shootself

I don't know who is more culpable here: the brain-injured person who commissioned it, or the complete ****wit in the next door office who scheduled it for prime-time on a Friday night.

Other than that awful Ben Elton thing about a local authority Health and Safety dept (The Wright Way, I think?) or possibly that Jasper Carrott sit com, has there ever been anything worse than Citizen Khan?

Has everyone forgotten the abomination that was 'Life of Riley' already?!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is that show where a bloke dresses up as a woman and one of the characters is actually his wife in real life.

Can't remember the name.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Has anyone mentioned the show that has been absolutely panned by the critics yet, for some reason, has a very high viewership?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Just switched on the television to see what is on in the half hour before HIGNFY, to hear the following:

"And now on BBC1, the BRAND NEW series of Citizen Khan."

:shootself

I don't know who is more culpable here: the brain-injured person who commissioned it, or the complete ****wit in the next door office who scheduled it for prime-time on a Friday night.

Other than that awful Ben Elton thing about a local authority Health and Safety dept (The Wright Way, I think?) or possibly that Jasper Carrott sit com, has there ever been anything worse than Citizen Khan?

Josh? BBC3. Just commissioned for a mind numbing 3rd series.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps - execrable and made in Runcorn

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps - execrable and made in Runcorn

Execrable - what a marvellous word! And applied to something from Runcorn as well? Top work CC.

My Family ran to something like 10 series, and mostly prime time. Not even Carla Laine has written anything quite so banal and unfunny for so long. Citizen K has a very long way to go before it challenges that garbage for the crown of worst ever sitcom.

Oh and I think that thing with the Irish woman who is really a man is called something like Life's a Drag. It's a sensitively filmed and beautifully nuanced docu-drama that lifts the lid on the impact on families of late onset gender dysphoria - I think that's what it said in The Guardian anyway. Challenging and worthy stuff. Keep it up Auntie ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here