Have any of the WOODINGDEAN residents kicked off about Falmer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
But do you start in Rottingdean village or from along the sea-front ? From say, Saltdean, I'd go coast road and Wilson Avenue - the traffic is more predictable than Rottingdean High Street and the lights at Woodingdean.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Whether you use Woodingdean or Wilson Ave you still have to negotiate Rottingdean traffic lights travelling from the east.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Safeway said:
Just occured that I don't remember any NIMBY/SWEAT-style opposition to the proposed stadium from any groups in Woodingdean. Slightly surprising, given that the ground would be a very short drive away and no doubt the village would attract lots of football vistors.

If the good people of Woodingdean can be alright about it, why are the Falmer lot being such utter, UTTER, c*nts?

Probably because Woodingdean is miles from Falmer down a lane, and the end nearest Falmer is only the chav end so nobody cares about them? ??? Their problems would be worse if the ground was at Sheepcoat Valley. Getting accross the racecourse on match days would be a nightmare.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Plenty of opposition to it here in Rottingdean, including my dad. :( He thinks it'll bring in lots more traffic and congest the village

Rottingdean gets crowded when old Mrs Pickles goes out to get her grocery - hardly proves anything saying that Rottingdean will get crowded.

I guess it depends what they do with the Falmer Road, didn't I hear that the road would be closed, or restricted access on matchday ?

Danny Seagull's Mate

Babe of the Year 2003
Sep 28, 2003
Woodingdean
I have lived in Woodingdean all my life, and I of course don't oppose the ground, I could walk there every saturday and my local pub would get a lot of business and it would bring money into the village.

I can't really see that building a ground at Flamer will affect Woodingdean too much, maybe a little congestion, but that is pretty much the norm in day in day out since the by-pass was built, so we're used to it!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I lived in Woodingdean from 1983 (what a year!) to 1997, and so know the area well, and this is how I see it:

1)Those that are able, it would make a lot of sense to cycle to the ground, this could account for a decent number of folks
2)Why wouldn't Woodingdean residents just get the bus? It would only take 10 mins even from the Racehill, they could have some beers at the Downs before the game, it's ideal for most folks, whether you want to drink or not. Presumably there will be buses available to take Woodingdean residents to Falmer without the need to go to the Race Hill ? (Lord B?)
3) Walking is a possibility, but I can't see that many doing it in bad weather, and there isn't any footpath , which could be a problem, and I guess adding a footpath would be costly
4) Those that can afford it, and can car share, could drive

Hopefully, the above would not impact Woodingdean to badly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports