Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hating Chelsea

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
After the Potter and staff debacle I literally watched all their games wanting them to lose badly. As soon as he left and we’ve REMARKABLY finished above them (which in itself closes any so called bragging rights forever between the two clubs), tied in with how much of an upgrade we got, my hatred of them has almost all but gone.

It reminds me of the Southampton Atkins season where I really detested them, then suddenly didn’t.

Always hate Palace and only Palace but weird how this mini hatred went so quickly for me…

Anyone else one way or the other…?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I want United to thump them tonight as it means our match may be on the box Sunday.

Enjoy it, I think they'll be a different animal next year.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
After the Potter and staff debacle I literally watched all their games wanting them to lose badly. As soon as he left and we’ve REMARKABLY finished above them (which in itself closes any so called bragging rights forever between the two clubs), tied in with how much of an upgrade we got, my hatred of them has almost all but gone.

It reminds me of the Southampton Atkins season where I really detested them, then suddenly didn’t.

Always hate Palace and only Palace but weird how this mini hatred went so quickly for me…

Anyone else one way or the other…?
I disliked Chelsea more when they were owned by Abramovich than Boehly. Most of this season I've just found them funny.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I had a short spell when I hated everything about them. Now, apart from a vague lingering resentment, I've gone back to laughing at them and their stupid, toxic fans.

E.g.
I swear about 10 mins ago I heard them singing 'Super Frankie Lampard". But on reflection I think it was probably the Man U fans.

Which is funny.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Got a bit obsessed in my hatred of them for a while. Probably unhealthily so. It’s eased off quite a lot but it would be lovely to watch them spend a wretched decade trying and failing to claw their way back to former glories, and to watch veins bulging in the necks of their grotty fan base.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder where the experts will be placing us in their pre-season predictions.
I'm guessing they'll have us about....6th?

Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea
Brighton
Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea......
....Newcastle - they can buy who they want and Howe's a media darling (and, TBF, a decent manager too)
Aston Villa - Unai Emery got them to the fringes of Europe after they were near bottom under Gerrard. Big club.
Burnley - it's amazing what Vincent Kompany has achieved........

...............oh ....... and Brighton.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I want United to thump them tonight as it means our match may be on the box Sunday.

Enjoy it, I think they'll be a different animal next year.
Bugger! Have I wrongly assumed that aside from the two featured relegation games that the other games are on the Sky red button?

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
A club are essentially their fans and I have never liked Chelseas fans. Some of them are incredibly ignorant

For example, I was listening to Radio 2 the other day. Jeremy Vine (a Chelsea season ticket holder) was on the phone to a Luton fan, she mentioned they were in the play-off final. He said "wow, is that a game to get into League one".

They are all twonks

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It seems the general rule is the ‘hatred’ for them has eased a bit given the hilarity of Potter et Al not lasting long and us being fantastic. If either of those 2 hadn’t happened, it would still probably be there as strong…! Funny old game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here