Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hassocks this morning

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That said, I have recollections of a lorry driver failing to put their handbrake on properly whilst in the public toilets and said lorry rolled down Cuckfield Road into the wall of the infant's playground of St Lawrence school!

Obviously not acceptable in Hurstpierpoint, I believe he was burnt at the stake as an example to all who would dare tarnish the reputation of such a fine village.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just drove past... brings whole new meaning to the term "hole in the wall"!

Sussex Police have released images of two men they would like to speak to in connection with the 'Hole-in-the-Wall' style robbery.

Whole-In-The-Wall-Gang.jpg

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure I can stand this. I leave the racy metropolis that is Burgess Hill for a quiet life in Hassocks and in the space of a week there is a ram raid and a murder. And I recommended the place to another NSC'er who has now bought a place as well.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Dodgy place Hassocks (apart from a BRILLIANT secondary school), it doesn't really surprise me.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My daughter lives in the charismatic high street in Hassocks..told me about the murder this morning...she thinks its something in the water lately

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I fondly imagine when these stories came in, the editor at the Mid Sussex Times actually leapt up from his desk, rang the office bell and shouted (like Janine did in Ghostbusters) "WE GOT ONE!"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I fondly imagine when these stories came in, the editor at the Mid Sussex Times actually leapt up from his desk, rang the office bell and shouted (like Janine did in Ghostbusters) "WE GOT ONE!"

:lolol: I imagine they have a pole in their office too.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
...............not to mention the pet shop owner in Hassocks - with the pet fox (alive) and the pet fox (dead in the freezer), the Toucan from the Guiness adverts and the video rental buisness in the lock-up - some of which were a little to dutch for the authorities

still, Downlands was a kwality skool

Decode

Jan 25, 2010

Haha.

Park in Hassocks on the way to Albion games, the board outside the newsagents is always along the lines of 'Man falls off bike', 'Traffic Light Controversy', me and my dad always joke about it, looking forward to seeing some different headlines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here