Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has There Been Any Feedback From Coppell?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Oh, right, cheers for that. You would think there would have been some kind of response from his agent or whatever though, wouldn't you. Guess we are just going to have to sit tight and hope.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
I heard on the radio on tuesday, that Coppells agent said they had had no approach from the Albion. So has he applied for the job?

D

Deleted User X18H

Isn't it obvious Hull lose on Saturday or is it Sunday they sack Brown. We get one of the available managers they don't want.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it obvious Hull lose on Saturday or is it Sunday they sack Brown. We get one of the available managers they don't want.

Personally I think Coppell is either gonna take the job or he isn't, doesn't strike me as the kind of man who'll wait a bit to see if anything better comes along. If he wants a Premiership job he is not even gonna consider us, he's not gonna wait to see if someone gets the sack, because at some stage this season he would be offered a Premiership job if he was looking and could do better than Hull..imo

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently he is unlikely to want to move from his base which would be a big factor for him with the Hull appointment. The whole Man City thing etc. One of the reasons he liked working here so much was it really suited him, same with Reading.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why do you think that?

I just think he is either gonna take it or not and his decision will have nothing whatsoever to do with what other jobs may be coming up. He either wants the job (subject to his criteria on money/coaching staff etc being met) or he doesn't and that's an end to it?? If he feels he has unfinished business and likes the look of the job he will be interested. All this speculation about other jobs that may become available will have no influence...imo. :shrug:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Personally I think Coppell is either gonna take the job or he isn't, doesn't strike me as the kind of man who'll wait a bit to see if anything better comes along. If he wants a Premiership job he is not even gonna consider us, he's not gonna wait to see if someone gets the sack, because at some stage this season he would be offered a Premiership job if he was looking and could do better than Hull..imo

I expect the wheels are in motion and they won't be waiting for Hull's game before making an approach to Coppell or much more likely Alan Curbishley. it would just be crazy to sack a manager without a contingency plan!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
See who's around the director's box at Wycombe on Saturday-that might give us a clue as to who is really interested or a genuine candidate.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
The thing with Coppell is that he never rushes a decision. He is always very considered and thinks everything through at length. When he was with us and was approached by Reading we had almost 2 weeks of "will he or won't he?" before he finally left.

I hope that TB will come up trumps with the assurances that Coppell wants and he will installed on Monday. If Tony has any sense that is, because he should be bending over backwards to give SC everything he needs to take us forward as he is head and shoulders over every other candidate IMHO

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just mentioned on SCR that salary could be the hold up. He was on 1 mil a year at Reading

We should be looking to bring in the best manager available in our preparations for the move to Falmer-that means whoever he is, he probably won't be cheap.

This next managerial appointment is easily one of the most important in the club's history (if not the most important) and TB is doing the right thing in taking his time to get it right. If it takes a lot of money to land the right man then I'm sure the cash will be found. Hope so anyway!

John Gregory it is then...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Oh, right, cheers for that. You would think there would have been some kind of response from his agent or whatever though, wouldn't you. Guess we are just going to have to sit tight and hope.

Why would there be a response from his agent? do you know that he has even been spoken to?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Unlike many out of work managers, Steve Coppell is extremely bright.........and thoughtful. His track record shows (i.e. when he left Brighton for Reading) that he thinks any offers for employment through properly, and takes his time making a decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here