Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the tide turned on RDZ

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bloom’s ‘project’ was to have no ‘ceiling’ but at least qualify for Europe when De Zerbi joined us - we were already some way to being a top 10 competitor under GP.

I don’t buy into if RDZ stays ‘its the beginning of the end’ - I think if RDZ stays it is a sure sign that the project has changed/progressed and we are chasing regular European football and are not going to settle for being a mid-table club. It will be a sure sign that PB/TB think RDZ is the manager with the vision, passion and ambition to help us get there.
I think you misunderstood my post. I mean it is the beginning of the end for RDZ at the Albion, not the beginning of the end for Bloom’s project.

My whole point was that Managers come and go, but if we’re lucky, the vision and ownership remain the same.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Discuss.
Been great - attacking football, but no defence, no plan B, would you be happy if he goes?
No. It hasn't turned. Far from it.

However, it's great now that RDZ has finally realised that Steele isn't a good pick.

I'd be gutted if he left.

Yes, I know, the king is dead... long live the king... etc... but the new king had better come in all cylinders firing otherwise I'll be screaming for his departure from day 1. The king dies, let's destroy the next one.

If Tony brings in some schmuk to replace RDZ and that schmuk doesn't get us anywhere near the Europa League then that schmuk can get shagged. Schmuk OUT. Lol.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oh, I see. You thought @Commander meant if RDZ stays that will be bad and the slide to an end of his tenure has begun, whereas I thought you thought he meant RDZ's slide to departure has begun.

Hang on....that's the same thing, isn't it?

Or is it?

f*** me. I need a lie down :LOL:
I made what I thought was this visionary post about an hour ago after a full day’s Easter eating and drinking. Then slumped on the sofa and woke up, and have since started eating and drinking again. I can’t really remember what I meant in the first place to be honest. I know that I feel sick though.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think you misunderstood my post. I mean it is the beginning of the end for RDZ at the Albion, not the beginning of the end for Bloom’s project.

My whole point was that Managers come and go, but if we’re lucky, the vision and ownership remain the same.
I understood you perfectly, I just disagreed that if RDZ stayed it would be the beginning of the end for him (whatever that means!) - No I think you understood mine! My point was if RDZ was still with us next season at all it will be because our project has progressed to challenging for Europe on a regular basis/even Champions and TB/PB believe RDZ is the manager to take us there or he will be gone in the summer - simple. The stars will be aligned. If TB/OB are not on board with that by the end of the season for whatever reason and prepared to back that up with summer spending, RDZ won’t even be with us in the Autumn. It is all quite straight forward really. If we don’t qualify for Europe, he may leave anyway, although he says staying wont be dependent on that. And do we want the vision to remain the same? I don’t. I want us to progress and do what Paul Barber says, challenge and compete for everything without a ceiling - I like RDZ’s vision for our Club - he has inspired both the players and the fans to believe we can achieve more than a mediocre mid-table status. It just remains to be seen how much of that ambition can be realistically worked towards next season - that is the conversation.
I don’t buy into if RDZ stays ‘its the beginning of the end’ - I think if RDZ stays it is a sure sign that the project has changed/progressed and we are chasing regular European football and are not going to settle for being a mid-table club. It will be a sure sign that PB/TB think RDZ is the manager with the vision, passion and ambition to help us get there.

No - Not helping Harry!
Oh, I see. You thought @Commander meant if RDZ stays that will be bad and the slide to an end of his tenure has begun, whereas I thought you thought he meant RDZ's slide to departure has begun.

Hang on....that's the same thing, isn't it?

Or is it?

f*** me. I need a lie down :LOL:
😂

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I made what I thought was this visionary post about an hour ago after a full day’s Easter eating and drinking. Then slumped on the sofa and woke up, and have since started eating and drinking again. I can’t really remember what I meant in the first place to be honest. I know that I feel sick though.
How do you know I misunderstood your post then and it wasnt you who misunderstood mine 😂.

el punal

Discuss.
Been great - attacking football, but no defence, no plan B, would you be happy if he goes?
Nothing to discuss. Led us to our best ever finish last season, took us into Europe for the first time. We’re still in with a shout for another European tour despite having a dreadful injury crisis. We are still playing the most admired football in the League and yet some people still f***ing moan. Goodbye.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He has pissed me off big time with his whinging and snidey remarks about the club and ambition recently but if the real RDZ of last season and a few months ago stands up over the next few games and the close season he has my full backing. If he is looking to engineer a way out he can f*** off :shrug:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How do you know I misunderstood your post then and it wasnt you who misunderstood mine 😂.
I’m afraid I have nothing more to add. Sleep time 🤮🍻😂

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He has pissed me off big time with his whinging and snidey remarks about the club and ambition recently but if the real RDZ of last season and a few months ago stands up over the next few games and the close season he has my full backing. If he is looking to engineer a way out he can f*** off :shrug:
Crikey.

Have you thought about hedging your bets a bit? ???

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
No, he is still a great manager, I just wish he would just talk about the games coming up rather the constant speculation about his future, not really his fault as the media keep asking him to clarify and he is honest guy who’s English is still learning and could miss interpreted. But what ever he decides, I just hope he leaves without undoing any of the good things he has achieved with us. I would be absolutely over the moon if he chooses to stick around a bit longer as long as he cheers up a bit.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You misunderstand me, I am not suggesting we need wins, nice as that would be, just a manager enthused to be managing us again
What makes you think he is not enthused?

el punal

Stop acting like your user name! :drink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You (we) need to accept the possibility this very much is 'the real RDZ'.

We knew this on his arrival and it's come to pass.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Love rdz and our style of play but his lifting his skirt and showing his knickers is totally disrespectful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You misunderstand me, I am not suggesting we need wins, nice as that would be, just a manager enthused to be managing us again
Gorblimey mate. Dunno where you get the inference of negativity from. Roberto sounded great after the match yesterday :shrug:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If ever there was a game where the result influences the comments it's today. Salah had 12 shots today the most he has ever had against any team ever in the Premier league. He could have had a double hat trick. Liverpool were miles better but a bit nervy which caused the ending to be closer than it should of been.

Liverpool are a quality side and there is no shame about not getting a result. Let's be honest though, we haven't tightened up we got lucky that Salah didn't have his shooting boots on today.
He had 12 shots because he’s a selfish player. How many of those shots would any player be expected to score from? Any player can have a load of shots but if they are all high wide and handsome what is the point (and yes I don’t like Salah)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here