Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the club made a mistake opening every stand on Monday

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
We sing-a-plenty, thanks for your concern though.

So, not in the norrf then. What a surprise. I love how people criticise the north stand but are not even there. And, I hate even more the tossers that go in the north and don't even sing a word all game. I won't criticise their commitment as some do go home and away but really?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So, not in the norrf then. What a surprise. I love how people criticise the north stand but are not even there. And, I hate even more the tossers that go in the north and don't even sing a word all game. I won't criticise their commitment as some do go home and away but really?

So looks like a poll is needed on what makes the best fan:
A) ST in the North
B) Sings
C) Travels H & A
D) Stands up
E) A high combo of the above.

:moo:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
So looks like a poll is needed on what makes the best fan:
A) ST in the North
B) Sings
C) Travels H & A
D) Stands up
E) A high combo of the above.

:moo:

I am not saying that. If you want to sing go the north and help us out. If you don't want to sing go else where. you know by going to the north and not getting fully involved you are taking a space from someone that actually will want to help the atmosphere? But hey, carry on..

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I am not saying that. If you want to sing go the north and help us out. If you don't want to sing go else where. you know by going to the north and not getting fully involved you are taking a space from someone that actually will want to help the atmosphere? But hey, carry on..

We're not in the North, we make a bit of a noise where we are, we go to all aways but the point is the North sounds fragmented from where we sit/stand and nothing would sound better than if the 3 or so groups therein could combine for a united, loud sound.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is pretty embarrassing that we can not sell out a home derby game. What would people have thought if the liverpool-everton game had been half empty?

To be fair, the scousers are not only more passionate about football but there is such a high demand for those derby games that they could sell a LOT more tickets. The stadium is dead easy to get to, loads can walk there either from their homes or from parking places within a mile of the ground, unlike our setup in every way. And easy to get away from as well. We are paying the price for our location, the planning permission restrictions and a general apathy/annoyance with what happened against palace the other week.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
We're not in the North, we make a bit of a noise where we are, we go to all aways but the point is the North sounds fragmented from where we sit/stand and nothing would sound better than if the 3 or so groups therein could combine for a united, loud sound.

Great and I do agree slightly with the fragmentation but it is very difficult to hear this from within the north. Personally, as I alluded to, I think the issue is having too many people in the north that won't join in, if they did, I am sure it would help with the fragmentation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Much bigger mistake was to not play the game on Sunday lunchtime.

Like St Patrick's Day, the AMEX would have been bursting.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Cup and league loyalty is split. Liverpool can reasonably expect to go deep in the tournament. If you dont buy a ticket you qualify for you wint get back on the ladder. Once purchased said ticket you may as well turn up to said game or pass sell your ticket on.

Plus tourists will take any tickets not used by fans.

This is a completely ridiculous comparrison tbh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is pretty embarrassing that we can not sell out a home derby game. What would people have thought if the liverpool-everton game had been half empty?

They just happen to be in the same city, which helps. Who cares what people think?

It's a Monday night, on tv, Palace fans restricted because of some little oiks in black, train strike so who gives a fig what other people think?
I doubt many people will give a second thought about it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Still no one for five seats right and eight seats left plus the two rows in front of me completely empty in the EU. But I see one empty seat front row so going to check it again Monday and make a bee line straight for it on arrival.
Of course, with ST holders told to buy early to guarantee their seats the club cant make it a free for all on arrival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here