Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Bournemouth BUBBLE burst ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Again, genuine question... Does the Albion have it or does T Bloom have it...? I know he paid for it so I doubt he'll want to just hand it over to the club as part of the sale... I'd guess he'd want serious dosh for his investment...

I'm not having a go but I don't see a massive difference between all clubs with millionaire owners... At anytime, any one of them could just up sticks...

Again, no idea but my point is that the Albion have something tangible worth buying, I'm not sure Bournemouth do :shrug:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Who is trousering all the premiershit money Bmuff are making? the club or the Russian investor .... I wonder ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No care about flouting FFP?( no not flouting, sticking two Russian fingers up to it) you surprise me.

I only wish relegation on them, they are no better than QPR

I disagree, their wage bill, taking into account promotion bonuses and new signings for the EPL, was no higher than that of the Albion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Again, genuine question... Does the Albion have it or does T Bloom have it...? I know he paid for it so I doubt he'll want to just hand it over to the club as part of the sale... I'd guess he'd want serious dosh for his investment...

I'm not having a go but I don't see a massive difference between all clubs with millionaire owners... At anytime, any one of them could just up sticks...

Tony Bloom owns >95% of the shares and is owed £147 million by the club.

No overseas investor is going to pay him back those sums.

97d6daa3c98cbfbcd9bb618dcdc019fb.jpg
b227aee6dfd2f637d7b004fb09b46514.jpg
47e46892aaa6d70980b0685b7cda0f13.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I disagree, their wage bill, taking into account promotion bonuses and new signings for the EPL, was no higher than that of the Albion.

Sorry to go back to FFP 1.01 but isn't money coming in as important as money going out?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What about when you remove promotion bonuses, after all they aren't a given.

My understanding is that promotion bonuses were about £8 million.

AFCB also have a year end of 31 July, which is unusual as most clubs have end of May/June. This means that the wage cost includes the players they signed after being promoted. A number of players also had clauses in contract that triggered pay rises when the club was promoted.

Whilst the 'plucky underdog on a shoestring' story put out by lazy media sources grates with me, Bournemouth IMO had a competitive playing budget, but surpassed that with their performances.

Eddie Howe's saintly persona also gets on my tits, but looking purely from a football angle, they played good football, signed astutely (Wilson from Coventry, Cook and Elphick from Albion reserves, Ritchie from Swindon, Arter from Woking) and were deserved Champions.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth will be relegated this season and sink without trace just like Wigan and Blackpool.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My understanding is that promotion bonuses were about £8 million.

AFCB also have a year end of 31 July, which is unusual as most clubs have end of May/June. This means that the wage cost includes the players they signed after being promoted. A number of players also had clauses in contract that triggered pay rises when the club was promoted.

Whilst the 'plucky underdog on a shoestring' story put out by lazy media sources grates with me, Bournemouth IMO had a competitive playing budget, but surpassed that with their performances.

Eddie Howe's saintly persona also gets on my tits, but looking purely from a football angle, they played good football, signed astutely (Wilson from Coventry, Cook and Elphick from Albion reserves, Ritchie from Swindon, Arter from Woking) and were deserved Champions.

Yes, other than last season, you normally finish where you deserve.

The Kenwynne Jones loan was interesting though at reportedly £80k per week.

I wonder if the bonuses were from a contingency pot or whether they were budgeted for.

Interesting re year end.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Bournemouth will be relegated this season and sink without trace just like Wigan and Blackpool.

Barnsley, Bradford, Coventry, Swindon, Portsmouth all had their time in the BIG league but were too TINPOT to ever stay there whilst we are BIG TIME and once we go UP I can see us in the CHAMPIONS League within THREE season

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Barnsley, Bradford, Coventry, Swindon, Portsmouth all had their time in the BIG league but were too TINPOT to ever stay there whilst we are BIG TIME and once we go UP I can see us in the CHAMPIONS League within THREE season

We won't go up until the TRUTH about the '83 Cup Final money is revealed. Until then a Gypsy's CURSE will ensure we will always fail in the playoffs .

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
This whole thread is quite amusing really. How Brighton can decide Bournemouths survival after two games against sides most teams will stuggle against this season is hilarious.

For Brighton also to accuse Bournemouth of cheating their way to Premier League by overspending due to an Invester putting his own money into the club is very double standards. I'm sure Brighton stadium/facilities was achieved in the same way surely?

I understand the argument of money should be invested in infrastructure before players, but surely from an investors point of view investing in players is more likely to get you your return back. Due to the money in the prem.

I hope Brighton do make it to the promise land this season, but I think some of your fans are in for a shock if you think because you have a nice shiny stadium that guarantees you success in the Premier League. I believe Chris Hughton has been found out in the division before.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016

I know for sure that Brighton won't be in a higher division than Bournemouth next season. Brighton seem to get found out when the going gets tough towards the end of a season. Doesn't bode well if you ever do reach the Prem. You need more grit to be a prem team and survive. Something you wouldn't know much about and that Infrastructure doesn't help with.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I know for sure that Brighton won't be in a higher division than Bournemouth next season. Brighton seem to get found out when the going gets tough towards the end of a season. Doesn't bode well if you ever do reach the Prem. You need more grit to be a prem team and survive. Something you wouldn't know much about and that Infrastructure doesn't help with.

Award for most deluded post of the century award goes to....

Take a look at our history pal. It is all to do with grit and determination on and off the pitch.

Unlike some on here I've enjoyed watching your fairytale and don't bare you any ill will despite numerous modern football reasons to do so but humility costs nothing so just be gracious with your new found lucre yeah?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think you will find 99.99% of Albion fans willing you to get 3 points this weekend.

Can't understand the bitterness towards Bournemouth myself. Played excellent football the season you went up, bought well and a few ex-Albion players too.

Eddie Howe can come over as a bit smug but there's relatively few managers who are full of charaimsa. Can't say I'd want to invite any of them around for dinner apart from perhaps Klopp or Bilic.

How sad ; I wonder if 99.99% of Palace fans were willing Newcastle to win...well, apart from me that is.

But I would agree Jurgen (or Klippety) would make an amusing dining companion. He's the sort of bloke who would turn his frozen peas into 11 against 11 on the dinnerplate and explain his tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here