Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Joe Kinnear lost it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Reporter: There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?
Strachan: Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick, down negative man, down.

That never fails to make me piss myself.

Dandyman

In London village.

I had trouble deciding who was in the wrong there, and swaying to and from Jokeinhere's side of the story.
So, like press articles and sound-bytes in general, there's no way to pin anything down without the whole story.

There HAS to be a bit of 'license' for the press to inject opinion, but not totally mis-quote or manipulate words - and there has to be a margin where the manager can accept the press's license with enough understanding between both parties to maintain a workable relationship.

I actually doubt that the press would deliberately misquote Kinnear and misquote him as saying "bollocks to Newcastle" on his first day! It's too weird, they don't need to place that sort of thing in there to sell papers, the Newcastle story has enough interest without barefaced lies in quotes.

There's something in the water-bottle at St. James Park :nono:

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Qulaity read, bet that will get some of the Geordies on his side.

Just listened to the audio, is that not how we would all want to react if we dealt with tabloid journalists day in, day out.

Boy Jo has one big potty mouth.

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
"Press officer Let's get on to football. Let's have an agreement that everything said so far, if anyone has got their tapes on, it's wiped off and we're not discussing it.

Journalist But that's what Joe has said he thinks of us.

Press officer I'm saying don't push it. Let's accept what's been said and try and move on.

Journalist: Move on to not doing any more press conferences?

PO: No, to doing something now.

Journalist: What, one press conference only?

(Silence)

Journalist: Any knocks?

PO: Come on, let's go football"

"Let's go football" - WTF, surprised he didn't call it soccerball. Typical Press Officer:rolleyes:

Jimmy Grimble

Lost it? He never had it anyway.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Has a nice little bit about Liam Brady after Brighton got beaten by Canvey Island below the headline Rob Smyth picks half a dozen of the best manager/media rows in this week's Joy of Six....

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Reporter: So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?
Strachan: What areas? Mainly that big green one out there...

Strachan was on Sky on Sunday morning. He saw John Terry's goal and said he was impressed that Terry goes up expecting to score. He contrasted this to Claus Lundekvam the Saints central defender who goes up for every dead ball and never ever looks remotely like scoring. He said if there was a dead body lying in the penalty area the ball would hit it on the head several times a season which he said is more than Lundekvam can manage. He said referees should book Lundekvam for timewasting every time he goes up for a corner. When the co-commentator said if Lundekvam was watching Strachan was only joking. Strachan assured him he was deadly serious.

Great comments there from GS, made me cry with laughter

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Best Strachan quote ever was

Reporter: So Gordon can we have a quick word
Strachan: 'Velocity' hows that for you

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here