Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has Ferguson Scored Our Best Headed Goal?

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I have seared in my mind a bullet header scored by Gerry Armstrong from near the edge of the box into the North Stand goal at the Goldstone circa 1986. I can visualise it so well from my vantage point on the West Stand, even though i was just 12 at the time, half a lifetime ago.

God knows how my memory stands up to reality, it may not have even happened at all, but regardless that will always be the best headed goal i have ever seen.
Gerry had ridiculous heading power. I remember watching in awe as he easily headed the length of the whole church hall that Junior Seagulls training was held in on Newtown Road!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Seen most of the goals quoted here, and, i'm giving Cullip the title of our best ever header, with Ferguson in second.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
As other people have mentioned, John Byrne at Liverpool was great.

Honourable mention to Paul Wood who scored a great diving header at the Goldstone against Wigan (i think it was Wigan? Might be wrong).

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Both Cullip (Chesterfield) and McShane (Palace) were emotionally exciting but both were deflected and not net breakers.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Great header and superb drama vote goes to the late Virgo equaliser on aggregate against Swindon in the playoff semi-final at a very wet Withdean 2004.

In it goes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here