Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Brighton reached "peak" burger and craft beer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So a fairly standard burger then, other than the yarn about the steak mince. Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger, but essential there's very little difference between any properly made ones, yet they'll all claim to be life altering in one way or another.

I disagree there's "little difference" between "properly made ones". Quality of the meat, type of meat, coarseness of the mincing, amount of fat, the actual cooking and the bun all play a part. I have 4 go-to places for burgers and they're all notably different.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But yet still no Byron or Honest? All we got is a shitty GBK and (admittedly decent) Devil's Pantry.

dont forget the overpriced and pretentious MeatLiquor. actually, do forget it and go into nearby Grubbs instead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Doesn't make any sense to me. You'd want a much higher fat content in a burger than in a steak to keep it moist.

They do have fat. In fact there's a chalk sign in the joint which makes a point of this and amongst other things states "fat=taste". I mentioned the bun playing a part in the burger in my post above; The Zian has a very dry brown muffin style bun which I like because it soaks up the juice and tastes gorgeous in itself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks like road kill.

One question: why do people feel the need to take a photo of their food before they eat it?
More than often post said photo on facetwat.

Is it some kind of modern day bragging?

I took a photo because I have a small group of friends scattered across the globe who share interesting food, or food of note, and beers between ourselves via WhatsApp. This is all. I'm not on Facebook.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So why did you not put it on Whats App as usual.

Er, I did. Then used it to answer a question on here?

(Are you okay?)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Er, I did. Then used it to answer a question on here?

(Are you okay?)

Yes i am fine thanks, got confused when you stated "between ourselves via WhatsApp.".... then posted it on here. Looks considerably richer than yow burger, that i occasionally eat thow............actually i'd forgotten what one looked like so thanks.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't get the backlash against food photos, it's actually quite helpful when choosing eateries. Though I imagine the ones criticising are more the type that go to Magaluf each year cos they know John who cooks a mean fry up down the Red Lion next to the beach.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes i am fine thanks, got confused when you stated "between ourselves via WhatsApp.".... then posted it on here. Looks considerably richer than yow burger, that i occasionally eat thow............actually i'd forgotten what one looked like so thanks.

You're such an annoying, aggressive, bellend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks considerably richer than yow burger,

At €13, currently £9.60, with chips it's very reasonably priced I feel. If you're ever over here let me treat you to one.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I don't get the backlash against food photos, it's actually quite helpful when choosing eateries. Though I imagine the ones criticising are more the type that go to Magaluf each year cos they know John who cooks a mean fry up down the Red Lion next to the beach.

:) Unlike you who will soon be sampling the foods of the world when you emigrate/travel.
Never been to Magaluf myself, prefer the Caribbean or Greek islands.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite. And in my case it's just like minded people. No big deal and this past few weeks it's just been beer and scotch eggs and burgers. Hardly bragging material.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Probably because like many i got you and your porkies sussed. I see you are reverting back to insults....minus the #### words, well done.

You don't appear to have anything sussed except how to be an annoying, aggressive, bellend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here