Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Barber got it wrong re: club stance on Ukraine?

Well?

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Indeed, although I would hope that people wouldn't lie (on NSC) about their communications with Barber.

I very much doubt it too!

Barber changed his mind (or perhaps the feelings of fans or even Mr Chairman himself changed it for him).

How we got there I don't know. How we got there I don't care..........we got there in the end and the club's statement is exactly what was needed.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2510189/albions-show-of-support-for-peace-in-ukraine

Perhaps now it's time to move on and look at ways that we can support the people of Ukraine in whatever we can, and lobby and boycott UK businesses with links to Russia (eg Holland & Barrett - owned by a sanctioned "pal of Putin")

Slava Ukraini!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
This thread was started before the club had done anything other than state that they were unable to do anything as it was political.

Some people read back through the thread before complaining about people complaining about everything.
Where did they ever state that? They didnt make any ststement did they?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
There is an appeal, with Bozza's permission via [MENTION=25007]Albion in the north[/MENTION], which has already raised over £1700, on another thread on Nsc.

As for the club, here is a reminder.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2510189/albions-show-of-support-for-peace-in-ukraine
I think you misunderstand my post. Now a days on here all I see is critisism of the club and its starting to get on my wick I don't think either nsc or the club can do much more and that was my point. And why I wrote the last bit about people liking to moan.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't think we've done anything wrong, I feel we've got the tone just about right. I think wearing and encouraging the sale of the yellow strip and donating profits to the Red Cross is a decent move and visual gesture of support - I've just ordered mine for the whole family.

Slightly off topic, I probably have just sealed Lamptey's move away though as the kids wanted Lamptey and Lallana on the back of theirs - the last 2 shirts I ordered for them had White and Burn on the back! :ffsparr:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think you misunderstand my post. Now a days on here all I see is critisism of the club and its starting to get on my wick I don't think either nsc or the club can do much more and that was my point. And why I wrote the last bit about people liking to moan.
I misunderstood your post too in that case.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don't think we've done anything wrong, I feel we've got the tone just about right. I think wearing and encouraging the sale of the yellow strip and donating profits to the Red Cross is a decent move and visual gesture of support - I've just ordered mine for the whole family.

Slightly off topic, I probably have just sealed Lamptey's move away though as the kids wanted Lamptey and Lallana on the back of theirs - the last 2 shirts I ordered for them had White and Burn on the back! :ffsparr:
This is how I feel. There was no club stance made public when this thread started it was just a he said she said thing. We should learn from how he was treated during the begining of covid times that you should not go by a he said she said thing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BREAKING China set to pull TV coverage of Premier League this weekend as a result of planned shows of support for Ukraine at matches

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

I know, I know....

Personally, I'm all for PL clubs - including Albion - sending a message of support for Ukraine.

BUT, when you think about it, it's odd for Premier League as an organisation to be specifically backing - or allowing the backing of - Ukraine.

It would be less political to support a broader "No war" campaign.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
BREAKING China set to pull TV coverage of Premier League this weekend as a result of planned shows of support for Ukraine at matches

This is good news. Now the Chinese football lovers will question why the “best league in the world” has been taken off their screens. I am hopeful that football fans in the western world will continue to support Ukraine in every match, every week until Putin either gets shot or the b*****d gets out of someone else’s country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here