Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone received Villa home tickets?

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I ordered a couple of tickets in the Villa end last week but they haven't turned up yet. Has anyone with a BN postcode received 'home' tickets?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yeah, got 'em Saturday Morning.. (Ordered them Thursday.)

I'll PM you the reason why I think I might have got them..

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
as already said on another thread,villa sending them out tues and wed

micheal64

micheal64
Jan 6, 2010
eastbourne
my mate got his fri morning, another ordered friday and recieved yesterday , as long as they sent you a booking ref youll recieve them , dont forget the royal mail is still in a bit of a backlog.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Mine have turned up this morning. But they have a leaflet attached to them stating that they are for home fans only and away fans will be refused entry. Is this a standard thing they send out with tickets?

I cannot see that they can interrogate everyone entering the ground. Surely if you have no sign of being 'Brighton' and you keep your head down we will get in OK.

I suspect the rules on their website would dictate that home stands are only for home fans, however, on the day, as long as you do not misbehave, the onus really has to be on them to prove you are a Brighton fan, as opposed to a neutral.

If someone was ejected from the ground simply for supporting Brighton (assuming their support is not in an illegal manner) it would be great if the ejected person made a claim, maybe thru the courts.

To eject a person for what they beleive in / support / religion / sexuallity / nationality / colour is blatant discrimitation and could open a whole can of worms.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It seems that Villa are worried about the potential number of away fans in the home fans section. They have now stopped selling to anyone who have not bought tickets from Villa before.

Maybe someone has pointed them in the direction of all the 'undercover' away fans threads on NSC?

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I don't think for one minute their ticket office spend all day looking at NSC.

However they may just have noticed the unusually high number of tickets being posted to BN postcodes.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think for one minute their ticket office spend all day looking at NSC.

However they may just have noticed the unusually high number of tickets being posted to BN postcodes.

I think you have a more likely theory there! I just was pondering aloud whether the club may have noticed the threads on NSC and tipped off Villa.

As I said, you have a far more likely explaination.

D

Deleted User X18H

I suspect the rules on their website would dictate that home stands are only for home fans, however, on the day, as long as you do not misbehave, the onus really has to be on them to prove you are a Brighton fan, as opposed to a neutral.

If someone was ejected from the ground simply for supporting Brighton (assuming their support is not in an illegal manner) it would be great if the ejected person made a claim, maybe thru the courts.

To eject a person for what they beleive in / support / religion / sexuallity / nationality / colour is blatant discrimitation and could open a whole can of worms.

What a ridiculous suggestion. How embarrassing that would be for the Albion and Brighton and Hove in general
On the back of my Visiting Supporter ticket it states 'If the ticket is OBTAINED or used in breach of the terms or conditions it shall become void''. ''The bearer will be refused entry or if already in the stadium ejected''.

''The club reserve the right to eject from the stadium any person who fails to comply with the terms and conditions of entry''.

A good friend of mine is a STH at the Emirates. He is also a registered buyer at just about every other premiership ground.

Arsenal never get an away allocation to satisfy demand and he often has to resort to buying tix in the home end. He has been doing for as long as I can remember and never had a prob (he dont do home end at spurs!)

What a ridiculous suggestion. How embarrassing that would be for the Albion and Brighton and Hove in general
On the back of my Visiting Supporter ticket it states 'If the ticket is OBTAINED or used in breach of the terms or conditions it shall become void''.

''The club reserve the right to eject from the stadium any person who fails to comply with the terms and conditions of entry''.

What you say is 100% true. However not all T+C's you read can be 'legally' abided too.

A common example is if you buy online and it states 'no returns' Actually it's your right to make a return, whether their terms say so or not.

Not that it would ever happen, but I am pretty sure in these days of the euro court of human rights, if someone was ejected and had the time, money and willpower to push it all the way, there would only be one winner - not Villa!

Edit, to add: Obtained likely means from a tout, not from the club itself. And used means to watch the game without illegal behaviour....

D

Deleted User X18H

Mine have turned up this morning. But they have a leaflet attached to them stating that they are for home fans only and away fans will be refused entry. Is this a standard thing they send out with tickets?

I cannot see that they can interrogate everyone entering the ground. Surely if you have no sign of being 'Brighton' and you keep your head down we will get in OK.

In this day and age I am sure Villa Park stewards (who will know the stadium and the seating intimately), will be armed with info of exactly where visiting supporters have bought home tickets. Villa have sussed this, maybe a little late, but I imagine they are on the case now. They have to send you a ticket if you've have purchased one but to send a copy of T&C's says it all really.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
My ticket doesn't have an address or a post code on it, so are we to believe that the stewards will have a clip board with a list of seat numbers purchased by BN postcodes. And then having identified us, they will ask us if we are Brighton fans and then give us a little quiz on the history of the Villa to see if we are telling porkies.

I shall take my chances. If I don't get in I'll go and have a cup of tea and fish and chips with my auntie in Wolverhampton.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I shall take my chances. If I don't get in I'll go and have a cup of tea and fish and chips with my auntie in Wolverhampton.[/QUOTE]

At least we might score there.........

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
Just got email from club confirming my tickets, went in shop last tue morning and paid cash, so they are still working on processing them, i may have one ticket spare, wont know till wed !!!:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here