Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone on here done a Tough Mudder?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I am doing one in June and would like to know how fit i need to get, if anyone has any advice. Thanks

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I did something similar...Hellrun but tuffmudder looks on another level with lots of tasks requiring decent upper body strength.

I see its a half marathon but you'd probably be comfortable if you can run 9 miles or so because you'll inevitably be stopping and starting to get through obstacles. Id be more worried about having reasonable upper body strength rather than the running. I would like to try one myself but TBH it looks a bit hardcore from the videos!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its mental. My boss did it and took him a week to recover.

Need good stamina, decent distance runner, and a lot of upper body strength.

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
I am doing one in June and would like to know how fit i need to get, if anyone has any advice. Thanks

No, but we are thinking of doing the London South one at the beginning of June. It's 10-12 miles and the average time to complete is 3 hours. Having looked on the website, some of the obstacles (ice baths, electric shocks, fire etc) seem pretty extreme but the over riding theme is about teamwork rather than winning. And some of the competitors look like machines!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i've done similar stuff. It depends how long you want to take really. I'd train by doing 6 working to10 mile runs at a good pace on varying terrain, stopping every mile to do 1 or 2 minutes of circuit type exercises - pressups, burpees, tuck jumps etc.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
No, but we are thinking of doing the London South one at the beginning of June. It's 10-12 miles and the average time to complete is 3 hours. Having looked on the website, some of the obstacles (ice baths, electric shocks, fire etc) seem pretty extreme but the over riding theme is about teamwork rather than winning. And some of the competitors look like machines!

I am 6ft 3 and weigh 16 stone. I had better get to work. I am doing the London south one at the beginning of June. Not sure whether I am being brave or stupid.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
i've done similar stuff. It depends how long you want to take really. I'd train by doing 6 working to10 mile runs at a good pace on varying terrain, stopping every mile to do 1 or 2 minutes of circuit type exercises - pressups, burpees, tuck jumps etc.

sounds like good advice. May chuck some circuit training in there for fun

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've done the Mud Runner in Herefordshire. That was pretty tough, I don't think I'm brave enough to do the Tough Mudder yet though. :cheery:

mud.JPG

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I did one last year.

It started off with a belly crawl under a cargo net that had been slung over a thicket of stinging nettles.

Things kind of got worse after that.

Enjoy your day...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here