Has anyone ever tried putting gravy granules into baked beans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My simple dinner is starting to worry me, what if NSC thinks my dinner is crap? What then?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've got a big bottle of Wrongbow chilling in the fridge.

What's worrying me is that I've got loads of visions in my ehad of how my dinner is going to look and all this pressure is going to mean I'm not going to enjoy the actual food at all.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
If you do go down the gravy granules in beans method, Chappers, can I suggest you mix the gravy granules with a small amount of hot water before adding it to the beans. Not enough to make it a proper gravy but enough to make it a bit liquidy/paste like.

If you don't you will end up with manky lumps of gravy amongst your beans because the beans aren't wet enough to make the gravy granules dissolve.

Gravy and beans is good food though. Nothing wrong with having the two on the same plate.

The best mash has a bit of horseradish stirred into it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If you do go down the gravy granules in beans method, Chappers, can I suggest you mix the gravy granules with a small amount of hot water before adding it to the beans. Not enough to make it a proper gravy but enough to make it a bit liquidy/paste like.

If you don't you will end up with manky lumps of gravy amongst your beans because the beans aren't wet enough to make the gravy granules dissolve.

Gravy and beans is good food though. Nothing wrong with having the two on the same plate.

yay a northerner!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Good advice. The horseradish tip has been taken into account.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
this thread is shit as no-one has suggested garlic mashed potatoes.

(unless someone did mention garlic mashed potatoes. i only read the first page and a half or so.)

OTHER than with bangers, I recommend a dab of mayonnaise with mashed, especially if it's garlic mayo.

I did raise the garlic issue JB, but let's face it - everything does well with garlic in/on it
Yes, even strawberry jam, or chocolate ice-cream.

post-script edit; gravy granules don't do as well with jam or ice-cream.
Just thought you should all know.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I cannot believe there has been no mention of a couple of spoonfuls of curry powder in the beans and then served on a bed of creamy mashed potato.

When I went for some posh grub the other night I notice the sauce was drizzled on my plate. (stated on the menu)
Actually I think they called it jus. What the f*** is that ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BOSH

The completed dish.

DSC00064.jpg

Rest stop 1

DSC00065.jpg

Rest stop 2

DSC00066.jpg

Finished.

DSC00067.jpg

It was delightful, thanks.

Washing it down with 2 litres of wrongbow, which is also very nice. CHARS

The horseradish mash wasn't as strong as I would have liked so I added some wholegrain mustard into the mix, obviously.

YUMMY!
:yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports