Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone actually kicked a ball on the new pitch?

richmond

May 30, 2008
Just wondering if anyone from the club or construction team has kicked a ball on the pitch. Surely the temptation would be too much and you would want to score the first unofficial goal...Peter Ward style!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I did when i had a tour.

Well actually i didn't, i had strict instruction i wasn't not allowed on to the playing surface, but i would have done given the chance.:jester:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Will be so much harder than breaking into the Goldstone,over the East Terrace, p$ssed for an impromptu kick about,if not nigh impossible,i hope they scored.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Someone out there has scored a first GOAL, rammed that football firmly between the posts and bulgified the onion bag, you can be sure.

If I'd put up the goals, first thing I'd be thinking about.

Can't find a link, but wasn't it Knight or Perry on day one of the construction when they provided a pitch that would be more than adequate for League 2

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I might be wrong but I'm sure I saw a photo of the stadium - think it was the lines being painted or something like that - and there were two construction guys watching, and near them on the floor was a football. I can't find said photo unfortunately to check

I might be wrong but I'm sure I saw a photo of the stadium - think it was the lines being painted or something like that - and there were two construction guys watching, and near them on the floor was a football. I can't find said photo unfortunately to check

The goal would have to have been put up, for there to have been a first goal.
This rule is not necessarily just my own constraint to fulfill for it to be considered a 'goal'.

However, the first goal 'in anger' will be the opening league match.
That will be something - I just hope it's an Albion one!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
When the goalposts were erected, I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone had taken a shot at goal - just to make sure that the goalposts worked properly. It'd be embarrassing at the first game to find out that the goalposts didn't work.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Have'nt kicked a ball in the new stadium but did play football on that site.I went to school at (then Stanmer Secondary, 1950)later Falmer High) they would'nt let us play on the football pitch if it had been raining so we used to go to that field for a kick around.One of the kids in our class went on to have trails for the Albion so I hear...Rodney Fiest...spelling of surname might not be correct...wonder what happened to him,he was a good player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here