Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys at the Stadium

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have just heard a rumour that harveys are not supplying the Amex from next season!

This comes from a very reliable source.

I can't believe this !

Hopefully the same source as the 'Benitez will be the next manager' one :lolol:

Seriously, this is a real disappointment, as I know a lot love the Harveys.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Much rather Magners than Strongbow, but in an ideal world, a drop od Stowford Press, Thatchers or Aspalls would be favourite.

Yes any of those three would be much preferable.:thumbsup:
Been to a few grounds with no cider at all.

Aug 23, 2011
Maybe it's the new caterers plans to tackle the queues. I don't think it will necessarily stop people drinking however it will curb their drinking. Instead of staying for a drink or getting there early they'll go elsewhere. 300+ in 5 hours shows that people care about this issue however "trivial" others may think it is

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
My toys would seriously come out of the pram at this. It is mine and my 5 yr old daughters favourite. They would lose the 2pints and one tiny sip we have between us every game.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
As a real ale drinker who doesn't actually like Harveys (too hoppy) I am excited to see what the replacement will be! (can't be John Smiths or Boddingtons as mentioned here though)

I'm with you......A nice Dark Star or something similar. I like a summer ale type of beer.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Maybe it's the new caterers plans to tackle the queues. I don't think it will necessarily stop people drinking however it will curb their drinking. Instead of staying for a drink or getting there early they'll go elsewhere. 300+ in 5 hours shows that people care about this issue however "trivial" others may think it is

The queues to be served at The Swan for better and cheaper beer,for an eatable burger and the chance to buy the Amex outlawed chips show that hundreds of fans are going elsewhere.I expect the Hikers rest is benefiting from the incompetence of the catering staff and the complacency of piglets Pantry who appear to be trying to outdo Gregs in the "pack a pie with filler" stakes

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Originally Posted by wsupp
As a real ale drinker who doesn't actually like Harveys (too hoppy) I am excited to see what the replacement will be! (can't be John Smiths or Boddingtons as mentioned here though)

I'm with you......A nice Dark Star or something similar. I like a summer ale type of beer.

He complains Harveys is too hoppy and you suggest Dark Star?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It is July 1st - not April 1st - but nice try...

Very much THIS!

Otherwise they are in all seriousness likely to loose 3/4 of my catering spending. Usually buy 2 a trip but that's likely to be one drink every other time I go if no decent Ale. Maybe they'll get Pukka Pies in instead of Piglets and loose that income stream too!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Originally Posted by wsupp

He complains Harveys is too hoppy and you suggest Dark Star?

I was thinking that, hophead is usually what they serve. Dark Star is the brewery, I've only ever seen hophead though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully they'll forget to install the lowest common denominator beers in the East Stand Brasserie. Good selection in there. And proper glasses. And enough seats and tables to go around.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Well, I got back and saw this, thought it was literally beyond belief, it is :)
There are some rubbish things going on at BHAFC at the mo but the end of the real ale would be rubbish in a COMMERCIAL sense, so of course it's not happening...

On 2 Jul 2013, at 06:54, "Attila the Stockbroker" <attila@attilathestockbroker.com> wrote:

Evening Paul,

Me and my broken leg just back from Glastonbury to a silly rumour that you’re planning to ditch Harvey’s.
Given its massive popularity I am assuming that said rumour is nonsense.
Please confirm.
Cheers John

Complete and utter nonsense.

Hope you're well.

Regards, Paul

PS hope your leg gets better soon!

Sent from my iPhone

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Savannahs sells Harvey's Hop Head Kings summer ale Stowford press Ashai Fosters Guinness Orangeboom and it served in Glass don't spoil it at the Amex . We can help drink the team to the Premiership.! :drink::drink::drink::drink:

Dandyman

In London village.
Well, I got back and saw this, thought it was literally beyond belief, it is :)
There are some rubbish things going on at BHAFC at the mo but the end of the real ale would be rubbish in a COMMERCIAL sense, so of course it's not happening...

On 2 Jul 2013, at 06:54, "Attila the Stockbroker" <attila@attilathestockbroker.com> wrote:

Evening Paul,

Me and my broken leg just back from Glastonbury to a silly rumour that you’re planning to ditch Harvey’s.
Given its massive popularity I am assuming that said rumour is nonsense.
Please confirm.
Cheers John

Complete and utter nonsense.

Hope you're well.

Regards, Paul

PS hope your leg gets better soon!

Sent from my iPhone

Once again people are just letting facts get in the way of a good old fashioned piece of silly season nonsense. Next people will be DENYING that Paul Barber drinks the blood of small children and conducts Satanic rituals in the 1901 club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here