Harveys = £4.20?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I hate saying this because £4.20 is bad, but I remember reading an article about Enterprise Inns saying that they could justify putting the price of beer up in their pubs because on a hot sunny day the pubs will still be packed, basically "people will pay it". It's the same here, I think it's a terrible price but people will pay it, myself included, I just might have 1 pint instead of 3. The only thing is I would kind of expect it at a football stadium, and not in the pub. If I was in a pub that charged me £4.10 for a pint of Harvey's I'd tell them they could keep it.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
You don't go to the Amex to get pissed; you go to watch football.

I think it is fantastic that the club have reduced a low alcohol beer to prevent people getting too drunk at football. It is well worth paying a premium for.:whisky:

I know man but just putting it into perspective.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
mmmmmmm. Smoked mechanically recovered meat in a chemically laden bun with added beechwood essence.
The box is probably the safest thing to eat.

I'd go tor the plastic wrapping, the cardboard might just start to be digested but the plastic won't be !

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
How many of the 92 Clubs serve real ale?

Not sure, but it's hardly a delicacy and no reason to charge over the odds for it. The club made a big song and dance about how they use local ales, which is great but as much as I like Haveys, if it was £4.20 and there was a John Smiths or Boddingtons for £3.00 I'd drink that, because at least it wouldn't feel like I was being shafted. Brighton is the most expensive club to watch outside of the Premier League.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't get it.... if you don't want to pay the prices don't pay them - whats a few pence extra, whilst it isnt right, its expected at a football ground.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Once upon a time football was for the working class, now .....

Overpriced beer - check
Overpriced food - check
Overpriced replica kit - check
Overpriced tickets - check

and the cause?

Overpaid players - cheque

In a nutshell - fans fleeced in the name of football.

For those familiar with the economics principle of supply and demand controlled by price, if the price has gone up 7.7% then it will need a drop in sales of around 10% for the net profit to reduce - if there is still a queue, there is still a demand - simples.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014

Overpriced beer - check
Overpriced food - check

and the cause?

For those familiar with the economics principle of supply and demand controlled by price, if the price has gone up 7.7% then it will need a drop in sales of around 10% for the net profit to reduce - if there is still a queue, there is still a demand - simples.

I wouldn't argue with any of that. It's just frustrating when you have a pint midweek in the pub for £2.60 and then realise you have to pay £4.20 when you go to football.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Overpriced beer - check
Overpriced food - check

and the cause?

All true but my season ticket works out roughly £20 per match which is very reasonable in a new stadium with transport included for Championship football.
I very rarely buy anything at the ground as i can go two hours easily without eating or drinking something. Also i can't be arsed with the half time queues. I did really enjoy a pint after a game occasionally in the east stand brassier in a proper glass but can't do that anymore as it's for families only.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I wouldn't argue with any of that. It's just frustrating when you have a pint midweek in the pub for £2.60 and then realise you have to pay £4.20 when you go to football.

Seriously where can you get a pint for £2.60 nowadays (other than a spoons)?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't know about you lot, but I probably won't pay £4.20 for a pint of Harvey's. I'll pay £3.78.

EDIT: Just checked my E-cash history thing just now. I paid £3.50 for a Harvey's last night (£3.90 with 40p cashback).
Are these e-cash cards available to non-STHs?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Preston Brewery Tap is where Harveys is £2.60
I use to drink in their occasionally when we played at Withdean. What other ales do they do? How do you get to the ground from there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports