Harty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I saw Harty there this morning with SCR. But I thought he was packing it in after Cardiff, what with the new business and all?
Did anyone hear him on the radio this morning / afternoon and if so was it a 'one off' guest appearance or has he decided to stick it out for another season and get in another PA for the customer calls?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tis true, and thank f*** for that, I would miss the phone in GREATLY.:clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
excellent news!

the fun in rules

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Great news Harty. Glad you stuck it out especially with all the moans and stick you were getting.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Voroshilov said:
You've got to respect Hart's commitment to BHA, but as a broadcaster he's pretty third rate.
It's not the point though is it in local media. I'd MUCH rater have a passionate Brightons fan talking, commentating and writing about the club than someone who is a consummate broadcasting/journalist professional but doesn't give a monkeys about us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Voroshilov said:
You've got to respect Hart's commitment to BHA, but as a broadcaster he's pretty third rate.

He proffesses to be an undertaker but he is the voice of the fans. He is the ONLY way in which supporters are heard despite this board saying they were going to get closer to the fans. They do with a chosen few!!!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
BensGrandad said:
He proffesses to be an undertaker but he is the voice of the fans. He is the ONLY way in which supporters are heard despite this board saying they were going to get closer to the fans. They do with a chosen few!!!

He doesn't speak for me. His phone in's give to much space to anti DK half-wits making claims about elusive investors.

But that's beside the point. He's just not a natural broadcaster.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Voroshilov said:
But that's beside the point. He's just not a natural broadcaster.
But as Brovian has already said, so what if he's not a professional broadcaster ? If I wanted professionalism, the last station I'd tune into is SCR. Harty is a fan first and foremost - he understands the issues and he cares passionately about the Albion. Would you rather we had someone who knows very little about the Albion, cares even less, but instead is highly "professesional" ?

I know what I'd rather have.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No he's not a natural broadcaster like most of us on here are not natural typists or English professors. He wears his BHAFC heart (no pun intended) on his sleeve like most of us do. Don't agree with what he or others are saying then phone the phone in

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Fair enough guys, if you just want someone who really, really likes the club. I however would prefer someone whose voice doesn't get on my (impressive man-) tits and has some skill as a radio broadcaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports