Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to the NSC LICKERS (& Hyypia) in the Herald this week

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I dont understand why some people have a problem with the club using NSC via a mod (whoever the individual) to communicate. I think we are very lucky that Barber ect take the time to do so. It also seems to be the same people who will try and see a problem about BHA disclosing its attendance in the same way that every club in the country does. I have to wonder why, after losing the Goldstone some people are so cheesed off.

Sure the team is under performing, but ever was thus. The team has never matched the support. Bloom is trying to change that and yes mistakes have been made by players, managers ect, but at times some people on NSC remind me of Life of Brian.. now what has Tony Bloom ever done for us..? Well there is a 100 Million ground, oh yes but apart from a £100 Million ground, what has TB ever done for us, well there is covering £10 Million of over spend every year, all right but apart from... ect ect.

People are pissed off at the moment, the last thing they need is (a perception of) the club controlling the biggest independent platform to express views that isn't twitter

Feb 14, 2010
Harty should rightfully receive plaudits for his work against a former regime, but those plaudits can be eroded by his current musings, no? Or does he have a carte blanche to say what he feels and face zero consequences?

Nobody always agrees with everyone. Harty has a view, whether you agree or not, its his view. No need to judge him either way but he will always deserve respect for Gulls Eye and the Soldstone saga.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You tell me.

No. You tell me.

You've told Bozza he must feel important because he had a conversation with Paul Barber.

Can you back that contention up with any first-hand, meaningful evidence?

From what I remember you took great pride in telling everyone everything Dick Knight ever told you. "Dick said this", "Dick did that". The best thing to come of him relinquishing control was arguably not Bloom's millions building a stadium but that we didn't have to put up with the "I'm on first name terms with the chairman" stuff anymore

Oh dear. As I said - what a weird way to view the world.

I mean - fancy having a problem with someone being called by their first name. Whatever next?

Feb 14, 2010
People are pissed off at the moment, the last thing they need is (a perception of) the club controlling the biggest independent platform to express views that isn't twitter

They don't. read the threads, its hardly control is it!?! Also why are people cheesed off, because we have a poor side and signed some bad players? That is no reason to be cheesed off, that's football, Barber hasnt signed a player or kicked a ball, neither has Bloom (although he kindly writes the cheque). The players, manager and maybe this director of football have not covered themselves in glory this season but blimey, its not as if the ground has been sold and we are marooned in Gillingham watching 4th division football. Bloom wants to succeed, and something tells me he will. All the anti Barber stuff I also dont follow. Its the playing side that is failing, not the commercial side.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They don't. read the threads, its hardly control is it!?! Also why are people cheesed off, because we have a poor side and signed some bad players? That is no reason to be cheesed off, that's football, Barber hasnt signed a player or kicked a ball, neither has Bloom (although he kindly writes the cheque). The players, manager and maybe this director of football have not covered themselves in glory this season but blimey, its not as if the ground has been sold and we are marooned in Gillingham watching 4th division football. Bloom wants to succeed, and something tells me he will. All the anti Barber stuff I also dont follow. Its the playing side that is failing, not the commercial side.

I agree with you that the anti-Barber rhetoric is just grumbling, but, with due respect, you've only seen us play once this season, and I don't think you were that impressed with what you saw.

The fact that 7,000 people who had tickets for the Wigan game last week chose not to attend is an alarming statistic, the quality of the football has been poor, and everything else stems from that.

Feb 14, 2010
I agree with you that the anti-Barber rhetoric is just grumbling, but, with due respect, you've only seen us play once this season, and I don't think you were that impressed with what you saw.

The fact that 7,000 people who had tickets for the Wigan game last week chose not to attend is an alarming statistic, the quality of the football has been poor, and everything else stems from that.

We are a poor side El P. But that's football. The signing have not come off. I also dont think 16000 turning up and 23000 paying to watch a relegation scrap with Wigan on a Tuesday night is much to worry about. That is more than palace were managing to sell tickets for an average Saturday in a promotion season. On Saturday what, around 19000 turned up. I think that is something to be proud of. We have a load of players not good enough to match the support. Well that's Brighton. Always has been. Bloom is doing his best to change that and that's good enough for me but yes I know I hardly go so its easy for me to step back and be less involved I suppose.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good grief, I've been out all day, is this still going?!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sack Harty!

I am gonna bury my Granny elsewhere.

I can't put up with the SHIT in the Herald articles! Sack Harty!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here