Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry The Hornet

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Got to admire his efforts, even bringing out a drum, but f***ing hell was he wasting his time!! Got no response from Watford fans. Must be the least satisfied mascot in the league I would think.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm quite glad Gully et al tend to keep to the family stand. There is nothing more cringeworthy than some giant stuffed animal trying to stir up a crowd. The mascot at Reading being a prime example. Urgh.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I'm not generally one for slagging off the opposition fans as we arn't exactly super noisy at home ourselfs. I know thats because withdean is shit, has no roof, stands miles away etc (dont wana get into a conflict about it, we have great fans, its just too damn hard at withdean!!) However the Watford fans today were bloody shockingly quiet! Barely heard a peep out of them all game and what I did hear was the odd rumble in the second half.

Saying this though we were tremendous today and everyone should give themselves a big pat on the back.

Personally it capped a really nice 24th birthday for me :)

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
I didn't go yesterday but I remember going to Watford back in 2005. Thier fans didn't sing once. A lot of them were just sitting looking really bemused at the Brighton fans.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Harry whats the score,Harry Harry whats the score.......................

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I often wonder who is inside the mascot. Harry the Hornet (if that who he was) had some moves. Do you reckon it was one their unused subs? What made me cringe was their PA calling the team the golden boys!!!!!!!!!!!! It must take some guts for their players to emerge from the tunnel with a build up like that.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He didn't even look like a bleedin' Hornet did he?!

I reckon it's time Watford had a new mascot. Step forward Sammy The Sloth.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I thought it was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen.
Poor bloke (assuming that Harry the Hornet is, underneath, a bloke) banging his drum to utter UTTER indifference from the crowd.
How f***ing excruciating.

Oh dear sweet babby Jesus spare us from such bollocks when we move into Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here