Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harlequins- Champions of England

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
In the style of a famous Norwegian commentator...'David Attenborough, Julian Barnes, Graham Chapman, Thomas Cook, Lady Jane Grey, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gary Lineker, Peter Shilton, Showaddywaddy, Willie Thorne- the Harlequins gave your boys one hell of a beating!'

:lolol:

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
065.JPG

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Come on without, come on within, you ain't seen nothing like the mighty Quins !
After all these years we've finally won it.
Proud to be a Quin ! What a day !

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Cannot STAND Harlequins, but great day I'm sure for Brighton lad Jordan Turner-Hall.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Tigers kicked the ball away far too much, George Ford's out-of-hand kicking is excellent when we are in the lead and looking to press home an advantage, but it still needs a lot of work when we are chasing a game. Congratulations should go to Wayne Barnes though, I hope he was able to pick up a winners' medal with the rest of the Quins lads.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
Tigers kicked the ball away far too much, George Ford's out-of-hand kicking is excellent when we are in the lead and looking to press home an advantage, but it still needs a lot of work when we are chasing a game. Congratulations should go to Wayne Barnes though, I hope he was able to pick up a winners' medal with the rest of the Quins lads.

Ironic in the sense that as soon as he was announced as referee there were streams of thread comments on the Quins board lamenting his appointment!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So pleased that the power of Leicester (who are relentless in their acquisition of internationals), were beaten by the flair of Quins.

Seriously though, well done Quins. The most consistent team of the season and worthy winners.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Ironic in the sense that as soon as he was announced as referee there were streams of thread comments on the Quins board lamenting his appointment!

Him and Dave Pearson between them have refereed every final since 2003, I think. Time for some new blood; preferably someone who doesn't want to be centre stage.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Sorry if we've upset you.... :down:

Haha, it's just a little sporting rivalry!

I just find Harlequins a massive throwback the the upper-class, slightly exclusive, pre-professional era of rugby. More so than other similar clubs anyway. I'm sure you'll feel I am way off the mark!

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
Whilst Quins do have their fair share of the city elite supporting them, I have always found the club to me a most friendly and welcoming place. People are quite old fashioned in their approach with bad behaviour most definately frowned upon! I like it. It's lovely to go to a game and see no police and only stewards as is necessary. I think this probably true of most clubs though, I just chose Quins as they are, in theory, my nearest team.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Whilst Quins do have their fair share of the city elite supporting them, I have always found the club to me a most friendly and welcoming place. People are quite old fashioned in their approach with bad behaviour most definately frowned upon! I like it. It's lovely to go to a game and see no police and only stewards as is necessary. I think this probably true of most clubs though, I just chose Quins as they are, in theory, my nearest team.

Totally agree on the atmosphere point. It's great to be able to have a pint whilst watching the game and have, generally, good natured discussions with opposition fans.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So pleased that the power of Leicester (who are relentless in their acquisition of internationals).

You've just described the aspirational recruitment policy of EVERY Premiership club. In fact, Leicester are one of the clubs who produce the greatest number of first team players from their academy. Of yesterday's starting line-up, Cole, Youngs, Ford, Manu and Geordan Murphy (I'm including him as he joined the club as an 18 year-old).

On the bench, Youngs and Twelvetrees came through the academy. On the injury list, Flood, Croft, Crane, Smith and Louis Deacon are homegrown. Our former academy players are also scattered throughout other teams' squads, with the likes of Hipkiss, Vesty, Brett Deacon and the recently-retired Louis Moody.

I'd say that's a pretty good record.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
You've just described the aspirational recruitment policy of EVERY Premiership club. In fact, Leicester are one of the clubs who produce the greatest number of first team players from their academy. Of yesterday's starting line-up, Cole, Youngs, Ford, Manu and Geordan Murphy (I'm including him as he joined the club as an 18 year-old).

On the bench, Youngs and Twelvetrees came through the academy. On the injury list, Flood, Croft, Crane, Smith and Louis Deacon are homegrown. Our former academy players are also scattered throughout other teams' squads, with the likes of Hipkiss, Vesty, Brett Deacon and the recently-retired Louis Moody.

I'd say that's a pretty good record.

Yep, Quins are the only other team I suspect that could come close to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here