• Yes I am

Votes: 622 92.0%
  • No I'm not

Votes: 54 8.0%

• Total voters

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm certainly happy with a manager who once wrote a column for a Workers' Revolutionary Party publication. Not sure how some others on here will take it though ...

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Wanted him in the Summer - we wouldn't have been where we are now, after five months of the tactically inept Hyypia being in charge of things

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I thought Nathan was your preferred choice?

I said to you yesterday, and I repeat, my choice in the summer was Hughton, and I gave you the reasons why Jones and Hughton would work well together. You on the other hand wanted him gone with Oscar, and you fail to recognise the asset Jones is to this club.

You clearly do not read what I write.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Not happy with it but it's probably the best we could have expected. Football is unlikely to be very attractive.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yep. I'll always be a fan of the unexpected/unusual appointments as they tend to have that bit of intrigue and fun about them but, in this case, going for the solid choice seems the much wiser course.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Voted no but hope to be proved wrong.

At end of day all he needs to do this season is keep us up, but who is this Paul winstanley? Are we just having what we had before?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very pleased. OK, Pulis would have been my first choice, but I'm really hopeful things will pick up now we've got a decent manager in charge.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I'm certainly happy with a manager who once wrote a column for a Workers' Revolutionary Party publication. Not sure how some others on here will take it though ...

WRP?!!! - Pussies.

:vuvu:
nogod_nomasters_anarchism-sized_.gif

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Considering where we are and who was available it's a decent choice. With the players we have playing beautiful football wasnt a realistic option. Hughton will get us organised and up the table, we may even make the play offs next year but we need some experienced players in this coming month.
I respect the guy, how he was treated by the barcodes and Norwich was awful and we could be a mutually good fit.

When did BHA ever play ' beautiful football '....I've followed the club for nearly 50 years and I've yet to see it. I've witnessed passages of play that were very good considering the quality of players involved.
You need top quality players to produce ' beauty ', when sublime technique melts into effortless teamwork. You will find it in the Hungarian side of 1953/54. Real Madrid at Hampden Park in 1960 and Brazil in 1958 and especially in 1970. France, with Platini and Giresse etc were pleasing on the eye and Barca and Real in recent times have produced moments of sheer beauty. These are stand out players and teams, the best of all time.
Oh Georgie....just give me five minutes of your genius again and I will swap it for about 95% of the football that I have watched at BHA over the years.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
To be honest, I'm a little disappointed it's the guy who has been expected since the vacancy arose. Sure, some people suggested Pulis, but that was never realistic, so the "second choice" of Hughton was expected.

I guess after the weeks of Clement/Ince/Sherwood/Mackay followed by the late twist of Hyypia I was expecting there to be a twist and am a little disappointed not to get one.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Failure to sign Hughton and we might be in the lurch. Not smashingly overjoyed, and I don't think I would like to work for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here