Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Happy Valley

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If I was ever asked - What is ‘digging a hole for yourself?’ - I’d refer them to a character in this series! Absolutely great watch.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It's shockingly bad though isn't it? Entertaining but that storely line with the 16 year old that supposedly is unaware that his dad raped/abused his Mum, thinks his mum died in childbirth, is unable to serch t't web to find out what his dad really did and why he's still inside etc etc. Meanwhile a close relative of the abused/dead girl is equally clueless about what happened, because lets face it no one would be discussing it in the local town would they, and t't interet is the devils work? Talk about leap of faith! But yes, entertaining if you blank it all out

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A bit "jumped the shark" wasn't it.
prepare for more sharks... only going to go for more conflict and confrontation for the drama.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
TLR was never prosecuted for raping his mother. The series started after she commited suicide and TLR was onto his next victim.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Therefore it was never reported and why it could be hidden from his don.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Edit ..son

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Enjoyed the first two series’ and looking forward to waiting and binging on this one.

As with most TV drama these days, it’s all a bit ridiculous but it’s well acted and entertaining enough.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Really? Still not over it

1674491788344.png

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just caught up on last night's episode.

Bloody hell!
It's bloody great tv viewing.
The BBC are a sod for not putting all on iPlayer.
My theory of the ending is either Catherine Cawood or TLR passing on, or Ryan killing his dad, when he finds out the truth of his mum's demise.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It's bloody great tv viewing.
The BBC are a sod for not putting all on iPlayer.
My theory of the ending is either Catherine Cawood or TLR passing on, or Ryan killing his dad, when he finds out the truth of his mum's demise.
I like it that they put it on weekly, it gives me something to look forward to.
I am slightly confused as to why Bolton and Wakefield have to substitute for "Sheffield", but I guess that sort of thing isn't all that unusual.
I've been in the corner shop Neil works in, that is in Hebden Bridge.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I like it that they put it on weekly, it gives me something to look forward to.
I am slightly confused as to why Bolton and Wakefield have to substitute for "Sheffield", but I guess that sort of thing isn't all that unusual.
I've been in the corner shop Neil works in, that is in Hebden Bridge.
Screenshot_20230123_184931_Chrome.jpg
Well never hear the end of it from @Stat Brother now :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’ve recently started series 1, so I deliberately didn’t read any of the posts above :lolol: .

It’s really good and Sarah Lancashire’s fantastic.

The deliberate change in feel over episodes was interesting. It started off in a very gentle and wandering way, the police taking a soft touch approach in allowing locals/mates off of stuff. Then swiftly escalating with the brutality of Tommy (James Norton), the provincial police caught cold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here