Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Happy Sussex day everybody.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Cycling along the beach to work this morning, looking out over the sand and sea, beautiful weather, what a place to live.

Didn't feel in the slightest bit sorry for the idiots in planes above flying away.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Today is Sussex day 16th June how will you be celebrating it ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Usually get out for a nice long bike ride through our glorious countryside on this day - but stuck at work today, so no real plans.

Will take a ride along the seafront to the pier later...
Jnr is training with Sussex out at the County Ground today...
and we will take the boards out on the water tonight down at Saltdean

Love our county.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Whether you're born of Sussex, have made Sussex your home or simply admire us from afar, Happy Sussex Day to you all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When are the Stoolball fixtures out ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Took 3 groups of children to St Richard's Church Langney to learn about our patron saint on his birthday, Sussex Day. Did I wave the Sussex flag each time leading the kids on the path, of course I did.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have annoyed the mrs by putting up my Sussex flag across the front windows. Most of my neighbours (being DFLs) probably think it's in solidarity with Ukraine.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have annoyed the mrs by putting up my Sussex flag across the front windows. Most of my neighbours (being DFLs) probably think it's in solidarity with Ukraine.

Haha, I went into a class and a child put his hand up. 'Mr GCCM, I love your Norway flag.....'

D

Deleted member 2719

I have seen a few martlets fluttering in the wind today.......but not as many as I would like.
NSC doesn't seem to get behind it, this thread should be bulging in posts.

What gives guys???

Where are your flags?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In Spain for their regional day like this they’d have a fiesta with day off work, street parades with bands etc and then all have a nice drink or 3 in the sun. Here we just get a few flags flying and some social media posts from various bodies. Shame really.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sadly the day would be hijacked by wokes and protesters for some historical reason, resulting in our overstretched emergency services being even more overstretched, and the few remaining council workers having to spend the day clearing up.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sadly the day would be hijacked by wokes and protesters for some historical reason, resulting in our overstretched emergency services being even more overstretched, and the few remaining council workers having to spend the day clearing up.

You've got quite a vivid imagination.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In Spain for their regional day like this they’d have a fiesta with day off work, street parades with bands etc and then all have a nice drink or 3 in the sun. Here we just get a few flags flying and some social media posts from various bodies. Shame really.

In fairness it's only been a 'thing' for 10 years or so. I remember setting a pub quiz for the inaugural Sussex Day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In fairness it's only been a 'thing' for 10 years or so. I remember setting a pub quiz for the inaugural Sussex Day.

Maybe the other oldies will help me out here, but I am fairly sure there was some sort of Sussex day when Glorious Goodwood was on, and we had August Bank Holiday at the beginning of August?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here