Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy new year! Have a great 1930!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also, don't forget that Osborne and Cameron fully supported Labours spending plans when they were in opposition.
What? No shadow government ever fully supports the governments spending plans.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't understand what the problem is, Cameron and Osborne have turned the economy around and we are awash with money and there have never been so many people in jobs before in the country. The Banks are booming again despite having to rein in their bonus payments to 100% of salary. We are getting loads of disabled and handicapped people off benefits and in to low paid jobs.

It's a wonderful time to start a business and work hard and get on too.

I'm sure there is no need for savage cuts, just a little light pruning will do. Don't believe the scaremongers.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Where i work, i'm having to speedily process applications from Paramedics being shipped over from Australia thanks to there being insufficient numbers in that profession now in the UK. The government have paid us to rush them through for London Ambulance Service. These 200 Paramedics will then have to spend 3 months to go through training and actually get their driving licences. The same will happen with other ambulance services as apparently we're around 1500 down in number at present. This is a situation the government has allowed to happen, and it won't end there. I had a call from an agency a couple of weeks back asking about Estonian Biomedical Scientists, stating that they had been encouraged by the government to go hunting for certain health professionals from elsewhere as again numbers are depleting. This government, with its destruction of public services being just one of its evils, is one i shall wholeheartedly vote against.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
[/B]Is this a throw-away line? It seems so unlikely. What are you referring to? Their actual spening or what they said they planned to do after the election. It is suspiciously vague.

He's referring to Osborne's policy right up until the recession hit. Remember Brown wanting to call an election soon after his coronation? That was scuppered by Osborne's inheritance tax reduction plans, which means that he was planning to increase government spending in 2007.
What Osborne claimed he was going to do after the election was to get rid of the deficit in one term. Alastair Darling said that was too difficult, and that Labour's aim was to reduce it by half. It has been reduced by half in this parliament, but at considerable cost to growth and the social fabric.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Couldn't have written it better. People have such short memories. This was the imbecilic party that started it in 1997 and was luckily taken away from the drivers seat five years ago.

There never has been and will never be a Labour government with prudent fiscal policies that stimulate growth coupling it with sensible public spending. They just don't have the brains to do it.

TNBA

TTF

Spot on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Come May unlike some people I shall make the effort to go to my polling station and then spoil my paper most likely. I was going to draw a tree on it but know I,m swayed more towards a cat. What happens in the coming 4 months will make my mind up for sure.
Tree, cat or maybe something right out of the blue.

A cat up a tree?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Where i work, i'm having to speedily process applications from Paramedics being shipped over from Australia thanks to there being insufficient numbers in that profession now in the UK. The government have paid us to rush them through for London Ambulance Service. These 200 Paramedics will then have to spend 3 months to go through training and actually get their driving licences. The same will happen with other ambulance services as apparently we're around 1500 down in number at present. This is a situation the government has allowed to happen, and it won't end there. I had a call from an agency a couple of weeks back asking about Estonian Biomedical Scientists, stating that they had been encouraged by the government to go hunting for certain health professionals from elsewhere as again numbers are depleting. This government, with its destruction of public services being just one of its evils, is one i shall wholeheartedly vote against.

Question for you, why are there "insufficient numbers in that profession now in the UK"?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Question for you, why are there "insufficient numbers in that profession now in the UK"?

Maybe when mass immigration is curbed (yeah right) then perhaps we could make sure that the skills that are needed are considered, much like they do in some sensible countries that have a proper system.
Better option, train our own inhabitants.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Of course, if you don't want spending cut to levels not seen since the 30s, if you don't want to party like its 1929 tonight, you know what to do in May.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/03/autumn-statement-2014-george-osborne-spending-cuts

Have a great year!

When Labour won the 1997 election they inherited a fairly strong and stable economy. When they handed it back in 2010 the country was nearly bankrupt, there had been a run on a British bank for the first time in 100 years and government spending was out of control.

I do believe that our economy could be run better and fairer than it is at present, but I would not trust Miliband and Balls to run a tuck shop, let alone the British economy.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

There seem to be a number of reasons, but i would think in part it's not a job people are currently willing to be trained in. The salaries are low compared to the responsibilities a paramedic is now to carry out, some of which were previously there for doctors to do. Also the 111 number seems to be causing a problem or two, fearfully sending out emergency staff to too many callers, a percentage of whom only call because they don't want to wait for 2 weeks to get an appointment with their GP.
There is a lot that needs doing to give us an effective emergency service and beyond, and making promises not to cut funding, pumping funds in when you need to ship over even more overseas health professionals, won't do it for me.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
When Labour won the 1997 election they inherited a fairly strong and stable economy. When they handed it back in 2010 the country was nearly bankrupt, there had been a run on a British bank for the first time in 100 years and government spending was out of control.

I do believe that our economy could be run better and fairer than it is at present, but I would not trust Miliband and Balls to run a tuck shop, let alone the British economy.

Seconded.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd rather have Sami in charge of the Albion for the next ten years than have that tw4t Red Ed as PM.

And I don't know about anybody else, but I find being told how I should vote in May very annoying and tedious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here