Happy Birthday Mozart

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
True story: In the 18th century, the Vatican had a lengthy piece of choral music which it reckoned to be a cracker and therefore to be kept secret from the outside world...at least until a 14 year old Mozza arrived in Rome, heard it once in the Sistine Chapel and later that day sat down transcribed the whole thing from memory.

The word genius does get a bit overused, especially with music and football, but the little Austrian lad was a bit special, a complete freak of nature. Servus.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Barnet Seagull said:
He was autistic wasn't he?

Can't find anything about that, to be honest - I think he had normal communication skills, but I'm not at all sure about the symptoms and can't google anything about it either.

BUT: he did like to spank his wife's arse for sexual pleasure, the twisted little pup.

Found this, which I thought was quite interesting:

Mozart was asked about the method he uses to compose his sonatas and symphonies, to which he replied,

"I do not myself know and can never find out. When I am in a particularly good condition, perhaps riding in a carriage, or in a walk after a good meal, and in a sleepless night, then the thoughts come to me in a rush and best of all. Whence or how- that I do not know and cannot learn. Those which please me, I retain in my head and hum them perhaps to myself- at least, so others have told me. Then, it goes on growing and I keep on expanding it and making it more distinct and the thing becomes almost finished in my head so that I afterward survey it at a glance, like a goodly picture or handsome man, and in my imagination do not hear it at all in succession, as it afterwards must be heard, but as a simultaneous whole. All the finding and making only goes on in me as in a very vivid dream (Barlow, 132)."

Man of Harveys said:
"I do not myself know and can never find out. When I am in a particularly good condition, perhaps riding in a carriage, or in a walk after a good meal, and in a sleepless night, then the thoughts come to me in a rush and best of all. Whence or how- that I do not know and cannot learn. Those which please me, I retain in my head and hum them perhaps to myself- at least, so others have told me. Then, it goes on growing and I keep on expanding it and making it more distinct and the thing becomes almost finished in my head so that I afterward survey it at a glance, like a goodly picture or handsome man, and in my imagination do not hear it at all in succession, as it afterwards must be heard, but as a simultaneous whole. All the finding and making only goes on in me as in a very vivid dream (Barlow, 132)."
Kev the Ape uses the same method.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Man of Harveys said:
Can't find anything about that, to be honest - I think he had normal communication skills, but I'm not at all sure about the symptoms and can't google anything about it either.

BUT: he did like to spank his wife's arse for sexual pleasure, the twisted little pup.

Found this, which I thought was quite interesting:

Mozart was asked about the method he uses to compose his sonatas and symphonies, to which he replied,

nothing to do with mozart, but beethoven apparently pleasured himself by hanging up bags of shite in the room when he was composing. there's a word for it, i can't remember...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Woody the Seagull said:
nothing to do with mozart, but beethoven apparently pleasured himself by hanging up bags of shite in the room when he was composing. there's a word for it, i can't remember...

What was he composing? Odour To Joy? Or the Moonshite Sonata?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports