Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happiest Place to Live in England - Mid Sussex

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have noticed Haywards Heath becoming more, ahem, "culturally diverse" recently. Probably best that I don't comment further.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I grew up and went to school in mid sussex. Found it boring myself

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It probably all boils down to the fact that if you can afford to live there then you are probably wealthy enough to have all the other things in life that make the people living there happy.

Not that wealth is the barometer of happiness either but wealth often repels some of the things in life that make some people unhappy.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Must admit love the drive Turners Hill, West Hoathley, Wych Cross, down to Lewes when I come to the Amex. Its a nice part of the world. The further away you get from Crawley the better

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Born and bred there, lived for 45 years there in a village. Loved the old days, the community, the clubs (football and the like). Changed, not for the better, used to have buses from early morning to 11.00 p.m used to have variety of shops, not chains, we even had policemen stationed in the village (in those days you barely needed them except as look out as the pub had a lock in.) The food was locally produced and tasty, hmmmmmm. Amazingly I have found that all again in a village near Doncaster.......one drawback, its a bloody long drive to the Amex.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath shops are ok for everyday shopping but nothing special. The pubs are generally poor souless places. The restaurants in general are quite reasonable and varied and I personally like La Campana Spanish good value for money. Public transport is good so yes it is a good place to live. Even if I win the lottery I would still live in the area.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Born and bred there, lived for 45 years there in a village. Loved the old days, the community, the clubs (football and the like). Changed, not for the better, used to have buses from early morning to 11.00 p.m used to have variety of shops, not chains, we even had policemen stationed in the village (in those days you barely needed them except as look out as the pub had a lock in.) The food was locally produced and tasty, hmmmmmm. Amazingly I have found that all again in a village near Doncaster.......one drawback, its a bloody long drive to the Amex.
You talking about Hustpierpoint?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath pubs are terrible but as a passionate gambler, four betting shops isn't bad. I just wish they'd have a Ladbrokes or Paddy Power instead of TWO William Hills.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Where would one class Mid Sussex? Where would be the boundaries before it becomes 'west' or 'east'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here