Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Handbags at Forest v Liverpool

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Apparently the Forest owner stormed onto the pitch and was lead away by security! (Has a PL owner ever done this before?)

Mark Clattenburg tried to gain entry into the referee dressing room but was also lead away by security

Steven Reid seeing a post-match Red card.

Fan invading the pitch also

Anyone knows what happened?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Apparently the Forest owner stormed onto the pitch and was lead away by security! (Has a PL owner ever done this before?)

Mark Clattenburg tried to gain entry into the referee dressing room but was also lead away by security

Something about the ref, Tierney, being particularly crap, especially by giving Liverpool an uncontested drop ball (contested by the crowd though 🤣), and then pool equalizing in the 99th minute...or something...dunno.

Clattenburg... what's he want?🤷🏼‍♂️

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Is “Stormed onto the pitch” = exasperated at where the extra minute came from after 8minutes already, he walked down to pitch side absolutely gutted? Probably.

Just emotions high, naturally, after conceding so late with so much at stake for both clubs. Everyone made a meal of RDZ celebrating wildly when we were there remember? It was another storm in tea cup. This probabky same.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I believe Forest were attacking but a Liv player had an alleged head injury so Tierney stopped play….. but on restart gave the ball to Liv which he should not have done…..they went upfield and scored the 99th minute winner - something like that reportedly(though I confess I haven’t actually seen it).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I believe Forest were attacking but a Liv player had an alleged head injury so Tierney stopped play….. but on restart gave the ball to Liv which he should not have done…..they went upfield and scored the 99th minute winner - something like that reportedly(though I confess I haven’t actually seen it).
Just to add to that….according to the bbc report Forest actually won the ball back before Nunez scored his goal….imo Clatters was correctly denied entry, otherwise we are going to have all and sundry trying to get in there to have a sandwich

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is “Stormed onto the pitch” = exasperated at where the extra minute came from after 8minutes already, he walked down to pitch side absolutely gutted? Probably.

Just emotions high, naturally, after conceding so late with so much at stake for both clubs. Everyone made a meal of RDZ celebrating wildly when we were there remember? It was another storm in tea cup. This probabky same.
I'm no Liverpool fan, but 2 Forest players got booked in stoppage time for time wasting, sounds like Karma

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Steven Reid seeing a post-match Red card.

Looking at the size of him I don’t think he’s storming anywhere

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My initial thought on this was to wonder if Forest had shitehoused the previous 70 minutes causing the game to be 5 minutes longer than it should have been.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Just to add to that….according to the bbc report Forest actually won the ball back before Nunez scored his goal….imo Clatters was correctly denied entry, otherwise we are going to have all and sundry trying to get in there to have a sandwich
I also don’t understand why a free kick wasn’t awarded to Liverpool. Forest player went flying in with his foot at head height. Contact or not that’s dangerous play and usually a free kick anywhere on the pitch.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Well quite, the goal came two minutes after the drop ball?

Seems like they should have defended better?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What a cock up

Whoever is playing forest next weekend is going to find themselves on the wrong end of some catastrophically blatant, "let's put things right next weekend, keep the heat off the pl" type decisions.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My initial thought on this was to wonder if Forest had shitehoused the previous 70 minutes causing the game to be 5 minutes longer than it should have been.
Looking at twitter, and an earlier post in the thread:
I'm no Liverpool fan, but 2 Forest players got booked in stoppage time for time wasting, sounds like Karma
Seems you would be right!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Hasn't the Forest owner got previous for this? I seem to remember him doing it in Greece but that time he was carrying a gun! Maybe it was someone else, on second thoughts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here