Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Handbags at Clapham Junction

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
On behalf of the vast majority of Fulham supporters, I'd like to apologise for the oafish behaviour of the Fulham fan on the CJ bridge last night who seemed determined to have a go at you lot. I've not seen this kind of behaviour for many a year. Along with other Fulham and Brighton fans, I tried to calm the situation down but he was never going to listen to a 62 yo dressed as a 12 yo.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On behalf of the vast majority of Fulham supporters, I'd like to apologise for the oafish behaviour of the Fulham fan on the CJ bridge last night who seemed determined to have a go at you lot. I've not seen this kind of behaviour for many a year. Along with other Fulham and Brighton fans, I tried to calm the situation down but he was never going to listen to a 62 yo dressed as a 12 yo.

We have our fair share of idiots too. You seem like a likeable if sedate lot which you demonstrated for 50 minutes, but we contrived to knock you out of your slumber.
A deserved victory, because we weren't good enough and parts of your play were. I think you'll stay up. Impressive new stand too. Is the plan to update the rest of the Cottage, one stand at a time?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There's always going to be one, or a few. 'Come and 'ave a go' is so 1980s, but there are still some sad individuals who pine in their loneliness for imagined glories past.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We have our fair share of idiots too. You seem like a likeable if sedate lot which you demonstrated for 50 minutes, but we contrived to knock you out of your slumber.
A deserved victory, because we weren't good enough and parts of your play were. I think you'll stay up. Impressive new stand too. Is the plan to update the rest of the Cottage, one stand at a time?

I hope not. I love that ground as it is.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Think I was a little way behind this and saw two lads walking away saying 'we just smacked a Brighton support bro'. Seemed like a nice couple of individuals.

el punal

Probably not the same bloke but British Transport Police had some young tw*t (black t-shirt, black jeans, blond/ginger hair) pinned against the wall for acting like a complete knob. They must have released him because he came down to platform 9, which happened to be full of Palace, Fulham, Brentford fans - all good as gold. Tw*t features then ran up and down shouting “I f***ing hate Brighton!” What was so funny was that no one took a blind bit of notice so he ended up looking the complete dickhead.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I do hope any upgrade is done sympathetically and that the character of the ground is not lost, Craven Cottage is one of my favourite away days easy to get to nice pubs by the river then a nice walk over the bridge and along the riverbank never had or seen anything other than friendly fans mingling, Fulham is not a club I associate with any trouble.
With regards to last night you were the better team a deserved win we looked a bit leggy and lacking a centre forward

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Thank you. Yes, the Brighton 'youth' were happy to join in. The new stand isn't fully open because the fit out behind it is taking longer than planned (they're be restaurants, a hotel and health club Inc a rooftop pool - We only sing when we're swimming!). The old stand opposite the new one can't really be touched because it's Grade 2 listed - this decision helped us survive when developers tried to merge us with QPR in the 80s and redevelop the ground. But the 2 end stands could potentially be increased in size. Realistically though we don't have the fanbase or tourist interest to fill the new stand if we get relegated.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Probably not the same bloke but British Transport Police had some young tw*t (black t-shirt, black jeans, blond/ginger hair) pinned against the wall for acting like a complete knob. They must have released him because he came down to platform 9, which happened to be full of Palace, Fulham, Brentford fans - all good as gold. Tw*t features then ran up and down shouting “I f***ing hate Brighton!” What was so funny was that no one took a blind bit of notice so he ended up looking the complete dickhead.

Yes, this was him. An angry young Steve Sidwell lookalike. He had a few mates with him some of who tried to pull him off. Considering there were Brighton, Palace, Fulham, QPR and Brentford all mingling at Clapham Junction it was a surprise it didn't all kick off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Must have been just behind us. My son's on a Brighton Away whatsapp group. We'd just got onto platform 13 for the 10.22 home when he said "it's kicked off at Clapham Junction" pointing at his messages. I said "we're at Clapham Junction". In the old days a pwopa nawty tasty tear up would at least have been audible from 50 yards away.

I tend to like Fulham as an away because it's safe and fairly middle class. You can see why Richard Osman is a fan despite coming from Sussex.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thank you. Yes, the Brighton 'youth' were happy to join in. The new stand isn't fully open because the fit out behind it is taking longer than planned (they're be restaurants, a hotel and health club Inc a rooftop pool - We only sing when we're swimming!). The old stand opposite the new one can't really be touched because it's Grade 2 listed - this decision helped us survive when developers tried to merge us with QPR in the 80s and redevelop the ground. But the 2 end stands could potentially be increased in size. Realistically though we don't have the fanbase or tourist interest to fill the new stand if we get relegated.

Thanks. I speculated that the new stand will be open after the WC, but that's just speculation.
I'm with [MENTION=28889]Blue3[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] in that Fulham is one of the very best away days and the stadium contributes to that, so it's encouraging to hear that one of the stands can't be touched, and the other two might not be.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, this was him. An angry young Steve Sidwell lookalike. He had a few mates with him some of who tried to pull him off. Considering there were Brighton, Palace, Fulham, QPR and Brentford all mingling at Clapham Junction it was a surprise it didn't all kick off.
Most people have grown up and just want to go home. Gingers :facepalm:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Not surprised the police were on the scene if that’s what his mates were trying to do to him

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How about the Putney Road end being both home and away and both fans shareing the concourse. Initially I thought home fans had got into the away end as usually we take the full stand, but with lower capacity we had to share. Next time some rag paper mentions hooligans perhaps they'd like to follow Brighton or Fulham. The same must also be for other teams visiting Fulham.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
How about the Putney Road end being both home and away and both fans shareing the concourse. Initially I thought home fans had got into the away end as usually we take the full stand, but with lower capacity we had to share. Next time some rag paper mentions hooligans perhaps they'd like to follow Brighton or Fulham. The same must also be for other teams visiting Fulham.

When all the new stand is open, the Putney End may go back to being neutral and away. There's something about the away capacity being kept below a certain limit that allows it to be home/away at the moment. The type of Fulham in there at the moment are ex-Riverside ST holders (old/rich), families and Members, plus people who've bought tickets from ST holders. Tend not to be the coked up, limbs mob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here