Hamburg

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Any seagulls watching the game in Hamburg this saturday ? I'm on a stupid college exchange trip and hope I'm allowed out, any bars popular for showing English sports ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hamburg is the new Berlin

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I love FC St Pauli. Brilliant story of a club. If the Albion had ever gone bust (thank the lord it didn't) I'd have followed Hamburg's 'real' club.

It's a great place. Seedy on one side, beautiful on the other and full of lovely friendly natives.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
But it's still the Winterpause (winter break) until first weekend in Feb, which is bad timing! It's a great city though, with loads going on, so I'd suggest if you think it's "stupid", you might be missing an opportunity you'll regret...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But it's still the Winterpause (winter break) until first weekend in Feb, which is bad timing! It's a great city though, with loads going on, so I'd suggest if you think it's "stupid", you might be missing an opportunity you'll regret...

If eating raw eels, drinking beer and listening to metal at 9am is your thing hit the seafront market.

Virgos Magician

Sep 13, 2004
Sydney
head down reeper bar area, plently of entertainment there. some bars have got the sky symbol outside there place, not sure if they can get espn, best of to ask

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
HSV are like Aston Villa. St Pauli are like a left wing version of West Ham.

...grabs tin hat.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
head down reeper bar area, plently of entertainment there. some bars have got the sky symbol outside there place, not sure if they can get espn, best of to ask
If you're going down the Reeper...look and see if the Indri club is still there...it's where I met the Beatles before they became famous.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton

No I am very much looking forward to it but the only 'stupid' part is my return flight lands at 8pm Tuesday so can't make the match, thanks for the advice, hoping to sample what is said to be a great city. Also am visiting Holstein brewery so let's hope for some free samples, CHEERS !!

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
HSV are like Aston Villa. St Pauli are like a left wing version of West Ham.

...grabs tin hat.

Hang on... HSV are like Rangers, and St. Pauli are like (and associated with) Celtic. Only on a political level rather than the sectarianism - i.e. right (HSV) and left (St. Pauli)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports