Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Communications are down in Gaza, this means that the BBC haven't been able to reach journalists and health officials in the area. This has also affected organisations and charities, such as the Palestine Red Crescent and ActionAid as they have completely lost contact with their colleagues.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Interesting reading the many responses to the article I posted the other day, many people making good points.

I think most reasonable people would agree there can be no long lasting peace or security for Israel or the poor unfortunate souls in Gaza until Hamas are eradicated, the difficulty comes in how that is achieved and at what cost.

Everyone seems to know what Israel shouldn't be doing in response to the initial awful Hamas attack but as yet I haven't seen any realistic options that would remove Hamas from power, (other than military intervention) which is the only way any long lasting peace can be achieved.

As awful as the current situation is for the civilians in Gaza a ground offensive seems the only way to remove Hamas control in Gaza. Understanding this will inevitably lead to more civilian deaths, the International community should apply maximum pressure on the Israeli government to minimise civilian deaths while understanding they have the right to defend their citizens/Israel.

Just to add, for long lasting peace/a two state solution, the current Israeli government needs to go at some point but that will inevitably happen through democratic means.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Interesting reading the many responses to the article I posted the other day, many people making good points.

I think most reasonable people would agree there can be no long lasting peace or security for Israel or the poor unfortunate souls in Gaza until Hamas are eradicated, the difficulty comes in how that is achieved and at what cost.

Everyone seems to know what Israel shouldn't be doing in response to the initial awful Hamas attack but as yet I haven't seen any realistic options that would remove Hamas from power, (other than military intervention) which is the only way any long lasting peace can be achieved.

As awful as the current situation is for the civilians in Gaza a ground offensive seems the only way to remove Hamas control in Gaza. Understanding this will inevitably lead to more civilian deaths, the International community should apply maximum pressure on the Israeli government to minimise civilian deaths while understanding they have the right to defend their citizens/Israel.

Just to add, for long lasting peace/a two state solution, the current Israeli government needs to go at some point but that will inevitably *happen through democratic means*
Pretty much uniquely in the region

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
General Assembly of UN have just passed Jordanian resolution calling for:

‘an “immediate, durable and sustained humanitarian truce”, demanding that all parties comply with international humanitarian law and “continuous, sufficient and unhindered” provision of essential supplies and services into the Gaza Strip.

It also calls for the “immediate and unconditional release” of all civilians held captive as well as demanding their safety, well-being and humane treatment in compliance with international law.

The resolution makes no specific mention of the Hamas terror attacks of 7 October.”’

——————
Can UN Assembly act if security council fail to acts? - indeed but still a bit of a toothless tiger IMO

‘In 1950, the United States initiated the landmark “Uniting for Peace” resolution [PDF]. It states that if the UN Security Council “fails to exercise its primary responsibility” for maintaining international peace and security, the General Assembly should take up the matter itself and urge collective action.13 Sept 2023”

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Israel obliterating Gaza now, totally over the top retaliation, still they have the blessing of the UK & USA to destroy Hamas, so that’s ok, I’m just over reacting as normal.
Sorry Hamilton, I couldn’t help myself.
I feel, It’s just so wrong.
Surely not an over reaction - seems like a reasonable assessment - just about everyone has said pretty much the same thing since Israel started bombing Gaza back to the stone age a nearly 3 weeks ago - and it has indeed been done with the UK\US blessing - Netanyahu announced this is what he would be doing a few hours after the Hamas attack - Be assured you are not alone in those sentiments or feelings so don’t feel bad - (I am wondering why ‘Hamilton’ or anyone deserves an apology for them for them though! 🤷🏻‍♂️)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Surely not an over reaction - seems like a reasonable assessment - just about everyone has said pretty much the same thing since Israel started bombing Gaza back to the stone age a nearly 3 weeks ago - and it has indeed been done with the UK\US blessing - Netanyahu announced this is what he would be doing a few hours after the Hamas attack - Be assured you are not alone in those sentiments or feelings so don’t feel bad - (I am wondering why ‘Hamilton’ or anyone deserves an apology for them for them though! 🤷🏻‍♂️)
It is what it is.
Hamilton probably quite rightly pointed out, which I found poignant and probably correct, I seem to have an input and I suppose bombastic opinion on most threads, that probably need reigning in.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It is what it is.
Hamilton probably quite rightly pointed out, which I found poignant and probably correct, I seem to have an input and I suppose bombastic opinion on most threads, that probably need reigning in.

That's not something I've ever noticed in your posts @Psychobilly freakout . You always seem measured and reasonable to me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting interview on R4 this morning with Mark Regev.

Listen 1.23.00 onwards, the line drops off bizarrely when he is questioned about the Israeli governments support for Hamas...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Whether Israel supported HAMAS at the start is pretty irrelevant IMO there is too much focus on the history and that widens the gap rather than narrows it.

Israel needs to stop the bombing now so that it can save those hostages that are still alive and to regain the political moral high ground. It also needs a plan to rollback the settlements and discuss the future to get the majority of Palestinians to adopt a less anti-Israel stance. Whether that is a 2 state solution or they gain citizenship in Israel is a long debate.

The war against a terrorist organisation is NOT winnable but it the effects of terrorism can be nullified, clearly though there are many layers in this conflict and the have a major influence on what i going on but they have to be put to one side whilst an immediate solution is found to the current rounds of death.

I am not blaming Israel for what happened but they need to take a different view other than revenge.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Interesting interview on R4 this morning with Mark Regev.

Listen 1.23.00 onwards, the line drops off bizarrely when he is questioned about the Israeli governments support for Hamas...
Regarding Netanyahu's comments from 2019....

'And to be frank, we were told continually.....'

To hang up the phone when the questions get awkward?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Posted without comment
Do you mean without comment on The Argus website?

I must admit that from all the Argus links I've opened from this site before, that seems unusual to see no comments.

I would 100% agree with you that that's an alarming situation, given the content of the report. There's certainly some pretty sick people out there that's for sure. Let's hope the sicko, or sickos, who sent those emails gets caught and punished.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is what it is.
Tbf, I sometimes feel like this. Why do I need to have an opinion on everything, and also, why do others have to hear it?

But then I remember the clue is in the word 'forum'. Anyone not keen on hearing other people's opinions can just as easily not visit a forum. It's just like the TV. The off switch is always there for anyone needing to use it :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Regarding Netanyahu's comments from 2019....

'And to be frank, we were told continually.....'

To hang up the phone when the questions get awkward?
Regev “I’m not aware of those comments”..

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
One of the main focus points of my original post was the geo-political focus of Iran and Russia/Chinese axis of the sponsoring of Hamas and Hezbollah.
You could say Putin has played a blinder in bringing those 2 with him.
He has cultivated a relationship with Iran and Xi in support in Ukraine, whilst his relationship with Israel he has tossed aside. His folly in Ukraine he desperately wants to be forgotten, so this is a useful distraction for him.
You can see he has developed relationships in the global south support along with China, meaning they have a lot of soft support in the UN. Even in your beloved EU, Hungary and Slovakia are braking ranks and are refusing to change their demographics, for fear of what we have seen in London today. Sweden, once a great bastion of multi culturism has no gone areas where the Police dare not go.
We are in a global proxy war with Iran, Russia, China plus other major emerging countries. Israel is just the obvious front line we see.
The west as we know it has been asleep at the wheel. We have been worrying about pro nouns, DEI, Tik tok videos. We are now fighting for our future.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One of the main focus points of my original post was the geo-political focus of Iran and Russia/Chinese axis of the sponsoring of Hamas and Hezbollah.
You could say Putin has played a blinder in bringing those 2 with him.
He has cultivated a relationship with Iran and Xi in support in Ukraine, whilst his relationship with Israel he has tossed aside. His folly in Ukraine he desperately wants to be forgotten, so this is a useful distraction for him.
You can see he has developed relationships in the global south support along with China, meaning they have a lot of soft support in the UN. Even in your beloved EU, Hungary and Slovakia are braking ranks and are refusing to change their demographics, for fear of what we have seen in London today. Sweden, once a great bastion of multi culturism has no gone areas where the Police dare not go.
We are in a global proxy war with Iran, Russia, China plus other major emerging countries. Israel is just the obvious front line we see.
The west as we know it has been asleep at the wheel. We have been worrying about pro nouns, DEI, Tik tok videos. We are now fighting for our future.
You speak for yourself.

The world has had well over 400 years of European domination, with the baton then handed over to the US.

What a fecking mess that has caused! If it's coming to an end, and it surely is, then good riddance to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here