Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He is the same person
You may have information that confirms that, but I feel I need to say that there is nothing within NSC's treasure trove of user data that provides a definitive link between the two users.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
You may have information that confirms that, but I feel I need to say that there is nothing within NSC's treasure trove of user data that provides a definitive link between the two users.
Fair play Bozza. Yet I’m amazed SF only posted I think a couple of times max on this thread before LBTS was banned, yet since then, SF is all over this thread like a rash. And that with the background of always being heavily involved in any Israel related thread. If it’s found out that he has created multiple personas surely SF should be banned from NSC too? So sad when I fully appreciate in “normal” times he happily does his predictions threads. Absolutely tragic!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fair play Bozza. Yet I’m amazed SF only posted I think a couple of times max on this thread before LBTS was banned, yet since then, SF is all over this thread like a rash. And that with the background of always being heavily involved in any Israel related thread. If it’s found out that he has created multiple personas surely SF should be banned from NSC too? So sad when I fully appreciate in “normal” times he happily does his predictions threads. Absolutely tragic!!
Isn’t that pure speculation…and at the moment only one poster has made an unsubstantiated accusation…..perhaps you have several accounts? ….is it because you don’t agree with the poster…I’m wondering if you would have posted if you were in agreement with his views….of course all that is unsubstantiated 😉

Ps I’m not SF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've spent a bit of time this week trying to educate myself better on this whole mess. I'm not sure I'm any closer to understanding it, but one theme seems to run through much of what I read: Israel holds little regard for the lives of Palestinians. Now, this be wholly inaccurate, and I'm perfectly willing to listen to someone who can explain to the contrary.

One story that really drove this home was that buried in the BBC's live feed, yesterday, was the story of two Palestinians being shot and killed by Israeli settlers and/or the IDF for throwing stones. I thought that sound somewhat excessive, to say the least, so when I remembered it today, I thought I'd see if I could find out more...

Now I'm not sure if the story I found relates to the same incident, but I was absolutely gobsmacked when I read this...

So, four Palestinians had been shot dead, reportedly by Israeli settlers.
At the funeral for those four, two more were shot dead.

...but worst of all:

There have been repeated incidents over the past year of young settlers violently raiding villages in rampages that have led to a handful of Palestinian deaths, scores injured and significant property damage.​
The assailants are rarely arrested, let alone prosecuted for their actions.​
It's also reported here:

It sounds absolutely horrific for the Palestinians.

If anyone finds any link between me & LBTS (haven’t got a clue who or what this person has said) then by all means ban me for life.

Whenever the haters of Israel pop their heads on this board I will always defend this amazing, awesome people & country. Been doing it for the past 13 years on this board & whilst there is breadth in my body will do till my time is up.

Unless you have lived, have direct connections, visited Israel - you will never know how unique, marvellous, beautiful & peaceful place it is - which it’s enemies hate with a passion.

Signing out tonight.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn’t that pure speculation…and at the moment only one poster has made an unsubstantiated accusation…..perhaps you have several accounts? ….is it because you don’t agree with the poster…I’m wondering if you would have posted if you were in agreement with his views….of course all that is unsubstantiated 😉

Ps I’m not SF

Agreed.

Stick to the subject matter.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've spent a bit of time this week trying to educate myself better on this whole mess. I'm not sure I'm any closer to understanding it, but one theme seems to run through much of what I read: Israel holds little regard for the lives of Palestinians. Now, this be wholly inaccurate, and I'm perfectly willing to listen to someone who can explain to the contrary.

One story that really drove this home was that buried in the BBC's live feed, yesterday, was the story of two Palestinians being shot and killed by Israeli settlers and/or the IDF for throwing stones. I thought that sound somewhat excessive, to say the least, so when I remembered it today, I thought I'd see if I could find out more...

Now I'm not sure if the story I found relates to the same incident, but I was absolutely gobsmacked when I read this...

So, four Palestinians had been shot dead, reportedly by Israeli settlers.
At the funeral for those four, two more were shot dead.

...but worst of all:

There have been repeated incidents over the past year of young settlers violently raiding villages in rampages that have led to a handful of Palestinian deaths, scores injured and significant property damage.​
The assailants are rarely arrested, let alone prosecuted for their actions.​
It's also reported here:

It sounds absolutely horrific for the Palestinians.
As does the killing of innocent Israelis ….plenty of stories available …neither makes pleasant reading

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
If anyone finds any link between me & LBTS (haven’t got a clue who or what this person has said) then by all means ban me for life.

Whenever the haters of Israel pop their heads on this board I will always defend this amazing, awesome people & country. Been doing it for the past 13 years on this board & whilst there is breadth in my body will do till my time is up.

Unless you have lived, have direct connections, visited Israel - you will never know how unique, marvellous, beautiful & peaceful place it is - which it’s enemies hate with a passion.

Signing out tonight.
OK I’m not going to carry on the enquiry on your being LBTS.

But can I ask about your view on the Israeli hostages? Are they, like the 2+ million Palestinians, fair game in this eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, race to the bottom?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Signing out tonight.
I'm not sure I've seen a single person on NSC, either on this thread or anywhere else, post in a way to suggest they are a "hater of Israel".

I've certainly seen a lot of posts, and I include some of my own in this, question a state having seemingly little/no regard for the lives of millions of innocent people. You think it's acceptable to drop some leaflets and give over a million people a few hours notice to move. Many, including the WHO, disagree...

Evacuation orders to hospitals are a death sentence - WHO​

The World Health Organization (WHO) says it strongly condemns Israel's orders for the evacuation of 22 hospitals treating more than 2,000 patients in northern Gaza.​
WHO said that the lives of those in intensive care or who rely on life support; newborns in incubators, and many others hang in the balance, in a statement.​
"Forcing more than 2,000 patients to relocate to southern Gaza... could be tantamount to a death sentence," the statement says.​
The WHO says that health workers have overwhelmingly chosen to stay behind, rather than risk moving their critically ill patients, a choice it calls "impossible".​
It also warns that many civilians are seeking refuge around hospitals, saying that their lives, too, are at risk "when health facilities are bombed".​
The WHO ends its statement by calling for Israel "to immediately reverse evacuation orders to hospitals in northern Gaza," and calls for "the protection of health facilities, health workers, patients, and civilians".​

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As does the killing of innocent Israelis ….plenty of stories available …neither makes pleasant reading
*sigh*

And I've acknowledged that 10-20 times on this very thread.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this whole mess this week. Sadly I’ve concluded I just don’t know enough or I just can’t empathise enough with either side to fully understand any of this. I can’t judge people who have just had their country under attack, or who feel like they are constantly being threatened and have an in built culture after the holocaust to feel threatened. At the same time I can’t feel comfortable with the amount of young people that are now going to suffer as a result of what Hamas have done. It was interesting to note that whilst the Gaza people flee or hide but probably with little chance of escape their Hamas leader was out of the country meeting the Iranian leader. That says much. It’s a sorry sorry mess.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
SIGH

…well 11/21 times won’t hurt much then
You know what? I think it's OK to talk about atrocities without listing every other prior atrocity first, in order to pre-emptively cover off any whataboutery coming back.

The Hamas attack a week ago was horrific to a level I can barely imagine.

But what has struck me about much of what I've read, most of which predates last Saturday, is that business-as-usual daily life in many Palestinian areas involves people being shot and killed, and absolutely nothing being done about it.

Can you imagine if some of our fellow citizens and/or our police routinely just shot a few people, and we were expected to just move on as nothing was going to happen to the killers?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Purposely dismissing the counter-arguments focusing on the negatives of Israel does not form an engaging conversation - you have to acknowledge the reasonable points that many NSCers may have against your comments and therefore explain why you deem these false, usually with sources.

For example, if I were to say that Israel has been involved in bombing several innocent civilians evacuating from Northern Gaza today through their so-called "safe routes" - would you continue to strongly defend Israel? And that is only one of the many atrocities Israel has done.

EDIT: It almost seems that you are "supportive" of Israel, but may I must mention this is not a football match.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this whole mess this week. Sadly I’ve concluded I just don’t know enough or I just can’t empathise enough with either side to fully understand any of this. I can’t judge people who have just had their country under attack, or who feel like they are constantly being threatened and have an in built culture after the holocaust to feel threatened. At the same time I can’t feel comfortable with the amount of young people that are now going to suffer as a result of what Hamas have done. It was interesting to note that whilst the Gaza people flee or hide but probably with little chance of escape their Hamas leader was out of the country meeting the Iranian leader. That says much. It’s a sorry sorry mess.
Just feeding through on that last point…..Iran (allegedly) threatening to intervene if Israel’s operation continues …very worrying for all!

Where’s the UN in all this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just feeding through on that last point…..Iran (allegedly) threatening to intervene if Israel’s operation continues …very worrying for all!

They've spoken out very strongly at what Israel are up to.

Israel seem to be ignoring them however.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure I've seen a single person on NSC, either on this thread or anywhere else, post in a way to suggest they are a "hater of Israel".

I've certainly seen a lot of posts, and I include some of my own in this, question a state having seemingly little/no regard for the lives of millions of innocent people. You think it's acceptable to drop some leaflets and give over a million people a few hours notice to move. Many, including the WHO, disagree...

Evacuation orders to hospitals are a death sentence - WHO​

The World Health Organization (WHO) says it strongly condemns Israel's orders for the evacuation of 22 hospitals treating more than 2,000 patients in northern Gaza.​
WHO said that the lives of those in intensive care or who rely on life support; newborns in incubators, and many others hang in the balance, in a statement.​
"Forcing more than 2,000 patients to relocate to southern Gaza... could be tantamount to a death sentence," the statement says.​
The WHO says that health workers have overwhelmingly chosen to stay behind, rather than risk moving their critically ill patients, a choice it calls "impossible".​
It also warns that many civilians are seeking refuge around hospitals, saying that their lives, too, are at risk "when health facilities are bombed".​
The WHO ends its statement by calling for Israel "to immediately reverse evacuation orders to hospitals in northern Gaza," and calls for "the protection of health facilities, health workers, patients, and civilians".​
Thanks for posting this. I saw it earlier and it defies belief.

What also defies belief, or perhaps not, is @Steve Foster deliberate attempt to fuse opposition to the polices and actions of the Israeli government with anti-Semitic sentiment. This has been a clever political ploy for some time and what I would expect from some politicians within the party he represents.

What he doesn't realise, and clearly cares even less about, is how hurtful it is to label people as such through false allegations.

He states 'Unless you have lived, have direct connections, visited Israel - you will never know how unique, marvelous, beautiful & peaceful place it is - which it’s enemies hate with a passion'

I haven't visited Israel and am probably unlikely ever to now, which is sad as it was the one country I wanted to go to. But all that he says there is correct when referencing the testimonies of those who I know have been. This does not, however, countenance the truth about the actions of its rulers in Palestine.

I don't expect his mind to be changed. He is intransigent politically and intransigent on this issue. I'm just pleased to have read balanced opinions and learnt more on the historical issue from folk like @Zeberdi who is clearly aware that there are no 'Jew haters' here and if there were they would soon be removed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You know what? I think it's OK to talk about atrocities without listing every other prior atrocity first, in order to pre-emptively cover off any whataboutery coming back.

The Hamas attack a week ago was horrific to a level I can barely imagine.

But what has struck me about much of what I've read, most of which predates last Saturday, is that business-as-usual daily life in many Palestinian areas involves people being shot and killed, and absolutely nothing being done about it.

Can you imagine if some of our fellow citizens and/or our police routinely just shot a few people, and we were expected to just move on as nothing was going to happen to the killers?
It was your “one theme” that struck me ….seems to be “themes” on both sides..not just the one

Have you read much about living under Hamas rule …eye opening

Oh and I refute the cheapness of the whataboutery comment

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Iran are up to their eyeballs in blood already. For decades supplying their mates Hezbollah 1,000’s of rockets fired at Israeli settlements. Iran have also supplied killing drones and rockets to Hamas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here