[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If Israel carry out their threat, I worry for Jewish communities all over the world. It doesn't need to be organised groups but individuals could cause horrific terrorist attacks on many of the Jewish. This could be the start of many attacks.
Let us be clear it is the Israeli government, not the people as a whole, and sadly proves they are no better than the Hamas leadership.
ordinary folk are just collateral damage to them, any attacks on innocent Jewish people around the world, will be used as "we are not safe anywhere, we are being persecuted all over the world, and we must defend our home land at all costs"
legitimising everything they do.

Sickening really, they are just as low as Hamas.
Just more weapons and backing from a guilt ridden western Europe and American parties that depend on funding by certain corporations and people.
Sad so Sad.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Israel is at war, it declared war on Hamas as a result of the attack and murder of its citizens. It will do whatever it can to maximise it's destruction of Hamas. Why supply electricity to your enemy, why supply oil or food? Israel is trying to convince the Palestinians that Hamas is no good for them.

It cannot just "do whatever it can to maximise its destruction of Hamas." There are international humanitarian laws that specify attacks should not be carried out that are “expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof”. We also have the ICC and Geneva Conventions to prevent war crimes and crimes against humanity, which include murdering civilians as well as forcing them from an area as a result of attacks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why supply electricity to your enemy, why supply oil or food? Israel is trying to convince the Palestinians that Hamas is no good for them.
The problem is it's a bit late for them to change their view if they're dead. Say in the main most would want to out Hamas, how do they suddenly rise up against them in their current position? It is known that Hamas have ruled by fear to their own. The majority of them are now facing an unbelievable existence, no option but to move out of Gaza City what chance do they stand? You would be a brave but dead person to stand up against Hamas within Gaza.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If it was a simple problem to fix it would have been fixed many years ago. Sadly I feel like something massive has to happen for a resolution for future generations, but even more sadly that can only mean pain and suffering for the current. Limping along in the way that it has been for decades cannot be good for anyone.
It maybe not what you had in mind or meant but something massive is happening::

• The Israeli‘s have apparently unilaterally decided to ‘resolve’ years of intransigence (on both sides) to an unresolved conflict over competing claims to lands like they did in 1948 and 1967 - by a violent military occupation ( at least for the foreseeable future) in response to a major attack on her sovereign territory
  • To conquer the enemy (Hamas), obliterate them completely (impossible) causing a far greater magnitude of death and destruction than Hamas (or the rest of the World) may even have anticipated
  • Remove their leadership and change Gaza in a way that all other wars over that tiny strip of land have not done in the past - It probably means in the first stages at least, creating a tight militarised security zone around the Gaza Strip with a no/man’s land buffer.
  • To further displace millions of Palestinians from their land and homes through evacuation and refugee status - (causing a disastrous worsening of an existing humanitarian crises in Gaza that will last for years
  • Destabilising Israel and the Middle East to dangerous proportions
  • Develop another half a&sed peace deal that does nothing more than rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic while the human cost continues to mount up.
  • Turn Gaza into a semi-wasteland of refugee camps quietly nurturing the next 2 generations of radicalised Palestinians.
Hamas seems to have miscalculated Israel’s response - and now face a far larger conflict than I think even they anticipated- We all do - Israel’s game-changing response comes with no clear path to it’s endgame of ‘obliterating’ Hamas in Gaza and if they fail to do so, or become embroiled in a wider conflict with Hezbollah, they have no exit strategy.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Let us be clear it is the Israeli government, not the people as a whole, and sadly proves they are no better than the Hamas leadership.
ordinary folk are just collateral damage them, any attacks on innocent Jewish people around the world, will be used as "we are not safe anywhere, we are being persecuted all over the world, and we must defend our home land, legitimising everything they do.

Sickening really, they are just as low as Hamas.
Just more weapons and backing from a guilt ridden western Europe and American parties that depend on funding by certain corporations and people.
Sad so Sad.
Ultimately Israel will end up killing more, it always happens.

Both leaders need to be sent to Hague when its all over

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Modern warfare, eh? I just opened X and the first thing I saw was the below which was a PAID AD...

View attachment 168017

I got that when I was doing my Duolingo yesterday. Had to listen to the whole thing about 4 times.

I did email Duolingo to complain, thankfully it hasn't come up again.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Yes. I look at outcomes and refuse to follow media narratives. Last weekend innocent folk were murdered by militants. This week a whole nation has been placed in turmoil and denied the basics of life whilst 6,000 bombs (IDF figure) rained down upon them. The outcome is the same. There is no difference between the two actions. They are immoral, illegal, and cause immeasurable suffering.
You don't need 'media narratives' to interpret for you what has happened, no one on here likes to see the suffering of a population, but to say that the F16 pilots who give prior warnings, and try and avoid civilian casualties and that also try and hit Hamas positions based on intelligence are somehow the same as the terrorists that crossed the border on Saturday and who raped, murdered and beheaded the young and old is quite wrong. I know you're angry at the situation, we all are, but maybe you should direct your anger at Hamas who planned and set off this chain of events.

I learn a lot from NSC its a usually a great place to read contrasting opinions, providing you don't have too many people on ignore, but I have a question though, if anybody could answer and that is.... If you were the Israeli government how would you have responded on Sunday morning when the full horror of the previous days attacks were becoming apparent.?

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You don't need 'media narratives' to interpret for you what has happened, no one on here likes to see the suffering of a population, but to say that the F16 pilots who give prior warnings, and try and avoid civilian casualties and that also try and hit Hamas positions based on intelligence are somehow the same as the terrorists that crossed the border on Saturday and who raped, murdered and beheaded the young and old is quite wrong. I know you're angry at the situation, we all are, but maybe you should direct your anger at Hamas who planned and set off this chain of events.

I learn a lot from NSC its a usually a great place to read contrasting opinions, providing you don't have too many people on ignore, but I have a question though, if anybody could answer and that is.... If you were the Israeli government how would you have responded on Sunday morning when the full horror of the previous days attacks were becoming apparent.?
Would do some fact checking if I was you

The Israelis have already killed more inmocents than hamas since the weekend

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Israel is at war, it declared war on Hamas as a result of the attack and murder of its citizens. It will do whatever it can to maximise it's destruction of Hamas. Why supply electricity to your enemy, why supply oil or food? Israel is trying to convince the Palestinians that Hamas is no good for them.
So starve thousands of innocent civilians and deprive them of every basic need whilst bombing them in the process. This against the background of an illegal occupation that has lasted for many years.

It is clear that will not agree on this matter

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Yes. I look at outcomes and refuse to follow media narratives. Last weekend innocent folk were murdered by militants. This week a whole nation has been placed in turmoil and denied the basics of life whilst 6,000 bombs (IDF figure) rained down upon them. The outcome is the same. There is no difference between the two actions. They are immoral, illegal, and cause immeasurable suffering.
The surprise shouldn't be that Israel is no longer supplying power to the West Bank after Hamas has officially declared war, it should be that Israel was supplying power when the war was lower key and unofficial.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is a certain level of irony that the news carries almost identical footage of flattened Ukrainian cities and flattened Palestinian cities. We are simultaneously supposed to be sympathetic to the bombed citizens in Ukraine but support the bombers of Israel.

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable with the 100% Pro-Israeli stance taken by our government and the US? What Hamas did is unspeakably evil, but the Palestinian people deserve better.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If Israel carry out their threat, I worry for Jewish communities all over the world. It doesn't need to be organised groups but individuals could cause horrific terrorist attacks on many of the Jewish. This could be the start of many attacks.
Yes, indeed.

It is so important to remember that the party in the wrong is the extremist right-wing State of Israel NOT the global Jewish community (the overwhelming majority of whom will never have set foot in Israel). Those in our country forcing Jewish schools to close and attacking Jewish businesses must stop. They are attacking the wrong target - just like the Israelis killing innocent Palestinians when they should be going after members of Hamas.

Mossad is brilliant at infiltrating Arab communities, identifying terrorists and eliminating them. They have done so many times in the past. They could, if the Israeli government so chose, do it again. I don't think any right-minded person could object to that course of action after the horrors of last weekend.

It is the fundamentalists who elected and support Netanyahu's government that are responsible for the suffering of the Palestinian people.

Religious fundamentalists are dangerous irrespective of the religion they "follow".

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There is a certain level of irony that the news carries almost identical footage of flattened Ukrainian cities and flattened Palestinian cities. We are simultaneously supposed to be sympathetic to the bombed citizens in Ukraine but support the bombers of Israel.

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable with the 100% Pro-Israeli stance taken by our government and the US? What Hamas did is unspeakably evil, but the Palestinian people deserve better.

I think a lot of people feel the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports