Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This warrant, if issued, would essentially place the same restrictions on Netanyahu’s movements as it does Putin’s when it comes to touring the world after a warrant was issued against him 18 months or so ago, which will be much more of an issue for Netanyahu given the signatories to the ICC

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Israeli deaths. Excessively more Palestinian deaths.
Let's dance round Brighton Clock Tower to celebrate FB_IMG_1716757253118.jpg
FB_IMG_1716757253118.jpg

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The US and UK step back earlier opposition to Israel’s invasion of Rafah and oppose the ICJ ruling. Both the UK and the US continue to accept Israel’s claims that they are avoiding unnecessary civilian deaths and not committing war crimes.

IMG_1091.jpeg

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Some people will be along shortly to say that bringing attention to this atrocity is anti-Semitic as you didn't also condemn Hamas in the post.
Or at least questioning the referral to “decapitated babies” in that tweet and these

The news, at least what is managing to get out of the Israeli news embargoed area of Rafah, is horrific but hyperbolic insta messages of descriptions that refer to ”decapitated babies” need to be fact checked by independent sources - there is a possibility that ‘reports’/descriptions of “headless babies” is pro-Hamas propaganda deliberately trying to draw parallels with their barbaric massacre on 7/10 and designed to stir up hatred amongst the innocent civilians of Gaza against Israel - as if the complete destruction of life saving infrastructure, incessant bombing, mass killing of children and enforced starvation were not enough to radicalise the next generation.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Or at least questioning the referral to “decapitated babies” in that tweet and these

The news, at least what is managing to get out of the Israeli news embargoed area of Rafah, is horrific but hyperbolic insta messages of descriptions that refer to ”decapitated babies” need to be fact checked by independent sources - there is a possibility that ‘reports’/descriptions of “headless babies” is pro-Hamas propaganda deliberately trying to draw parallels with their barbaric massacre on 7/10 and designed to stir up hatred amongst the innocent civilians of Gaza against Israel - as if the complete destruction of life saving infrastructure, incessant bombing, mass killing of children and enforced starvation were not enough to radicalise the next generation.

I agree.

The "decapitated babies" is technically correct in that a bomb hit and it happened, but the wording tries to suggest that it was intentional to decapitate children.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I agree with you that propaganda - on both sides - is terrible. The fact is though, that pro-Israeli propaganda is swallowed whole and immediately regurgitated by US, UK and most of the Western governments and media, and serve to justify the ongoing actions in Gaza. Up until the last couple of weeks, atrocities committed by Israel have been largely downplayed and aren't immediately condemned, but are given the benefit of context. Maybe things are finally turning?

Also - what happens when a bomb lands on a bunch of people living in tents? Do they remain intact or are their limbs and even heads detached from their bodies? Here's an article written by Caitlin Johnstone that addresses this question:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I agree with you that propaganda - on both sides - is terrible. The fact is though, that pro-Israeli propaganda is swallowed whole and immediately regurgitated by US, UK and most of the Western governments and media, and serve to justify the ongoing actions in Gaza. Up until the last couple of weeks, atrocities committed by Israel have been largely downplayed and aren't immediately condemned, but are given the benefit of context. Maybe things are finally turning?

Also - what happens when a bomb lands on a bunch of people living in tents? Do they remain intact or are their limbs and even heads detached from their bodies? Here's an article written by Caitlin Johnstone that addresses this question:

I’m not getting into an argument who‘s propaganga is more or less trust worthy.

Neither are - The poster of your X post is hardly unbiased (whataboutery doesn’t change that) and obviously, as I have pointed out unceasingly, nor is the information provided by the IDF.

I am not suggesting that children, babies were not missing limbs after the attack but to describe it as “decapitation” is deliberately inflammatory- “decapitation” means in common parlance, deliberately beheading someone with a machete/sword.

Show me a video/proof that the IDF are slicing the heads off children then I would accept the term “decapitation” otherwise it is just unnecessary hyperbole (in the least) or deliberate dog whistling propaganda.

You need to remember neither Hamas nor Israel has a vested interest in the complete truth.

I find what Netanyahu is doing to Gazans completely and utterly abhorrent but I am not going to let myself be drawn into believing Hamas’s (or those that support them) use of social media to spread propaganda either.

Last edited:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m not getting into an argument who‘s propaganga is more or less trust worthy.

Neither are - The poster of your X post is hardly unbiased (whataboutery doesn’t change that) and obviously, as I have pointed out unceasingly, nor is the information provided by the IDF.

I am not suggested that children, babies were not missing limbs after the attack but to describe it as “decapitation” is deliberately inflammatory- “decapitation” means in common parlance, deliberately beheading someone with a machete/sword.

Show me a video/proof that the IDF are slicing the heads off children then I would accept the term “decapitation” otherwise it is just unnecessary hyperbole (in the least) or deliberate dog whistling propaganda.

You need to remember neither Hamas nor Israel has a vested interest in the complete truth.

I find what Netanyahu is doing to Gazans completely and utterly abhorrent but I am not going to let myself be drawn into Hamas’s (or those that support them) use of social media to spread propaganda either.
I am not suggesting that the IDF are deliberately beheading anyone and I don't believe Bassem Youssef is either. All I am saying - and that the Caitlin Johnstone article suggests - is that decapitation can happen when you drop bombs on people. That the decapitation occurs without the deliberate wielding of a sword, but can happen when someone presses a button in an aircraft or remotely operates a drone doesn't make it OK.

Due to the lack of a news media presence, all we have to make a judgement on these events is video evidence from either Gazan citizens, Gazan/Al Jazeera journalists or statements issued by the IDF. Sometimes we get to see drone footage either broadcast by the IDF, or captured drone footage broadcast by Gazans themselves. The media tend to steer clear of video evidence by Gazans / non-Western journalists, unless it forms part of an evidence-based report, for example, the BBC Verify article on the Aid Convoy attack on the 28th February. In this particular case, the BBC found that the video evidence was compelling and that the Israeli forces were responsible for the killing of at least 112 people seeking aid, while Mark Regev, the Israeli spokesman flat out denied Israeli involvement. Another BBC Verify report also debunks Israeli statements covering up the killing of the World Central Kitchen aid workers at the beginning of April.

My point is that the sophisticated, state-manufactured propaganda from one side outweighs and gets vastly more coverage in the media than the propaganda from the other. I haven't yet seen anyone from Hamas on the BBC/Sky etc, but those from the Israeli side are constantly given an airing - and their statements are, with a few notable exceptions, treated with the greatest respect by broadcasters. And in respect of both the propaganda war and that of the battlefield, it's very much a tale of David and Goliath. However unlike in the Bible, Israel is cast as the latter however much they would like to be seen to be the former.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Re the news reports - there is a reason the Israeli government and the IDF don't allow reporters into Gaza - because they don't want the real evidence of genocide and war crimes by the IDF getting out.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The Hove constituency election is going to be interesting.

Peter Kyle, a vice chair of the Labour Friends of Israel, and an independent pro Palestinian rights candidate. I think he will still win but she’s going to take votes off him and will reduce his majority. With the latest developments in Gaza, I will not be voting for him.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
The Hove constituency election is going to be interesting.

Peter Kyle, a vice chair of the Labour Friends of Israel, and an independent pro Palestinian rights candidate. I think he will still win but she’s going to take votes off him and will reduce his majority. With the latest developments in Gaza, I will not be voting for him.

Any MP with any degree of moral backbone would rescind their LFI membership. Anyone retaining it should be shunned.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I am not suggesting that the IDF are deliberately beheading anyone and I don't believe Bassem Youssef is either. All I am saying - and that the Caitlin Johnstone article suggests - is that decapitation can happen when you drop bombs on people. That the decapitation occurs without the deliberate wielding of a sword, but can happen when someone presses a button in an aircraft or remotely operates a drone doesn't make it OK.

Due to the lack of a news media presence, all we have to make a judgement on these events is video evidence from either Gazan citizens, Gazan/Al Jazeera journalists or statements issued by the IDF. Sometimes we get to see drone footage either broadcast by the IDF, or captured drone footage broadcast by Gazans themselves. The media tend to steer clear of video evidence by Gazans / non-Western journalists, unless it forms part of an evidence-based report, for example, the BBC Verify article on the Aid Convoy attack on the 28th February. In this particular case, the BBC found that the video evidence was compelling and that the Israeli forces were responsible for the killing of at least 112 people seeking aid, while Mark Regev, the Israeli spokesman flat out denied Israeli involvement. Another BBC Verify report also debunks Israeli statements covering up the killing of the World Central Kitchen aid workers at the beginning of April.

My point is that the sophisticated, state-manufactured propaganda from one side outweighs and gets vastly more coverage in the media than the propaganda from the other. I haven't yet seen anyone from Hamas on the BBC/Sky etc, but those from the Israeli side are constantly given an airing - and their statements are, with a few notable exceptions, treated with the greatest respect by broadcasters. And in respect of both the propaganda war and that of the battlefield, it's very much a tale of David and Goliath. However unlike in the Bible, Israel is cast as the latter however much they would like to be seen to be the former.

All true - I was just pointing out that ”Decapitation“ in common parlance means deliberate beheading with a blade - To post tweets talking about the “decapitation of babies” from the bombing is meant to incite a certain response . These tweets about Rafah are deliberately meant to convey an image of Israel (the IDF ) decapitating babies in the way Hamas were accused of doing so on October 7. The tweet I posted even conflates the two.
Re the news reports - there is a reason the Israeli government and the IDF don't allow reporters into Gaza - because they don't want the real evidence of genocide and war crimes by the IDF getting out.

Of course.

However- Palestinian Journalists are in Gaza providing news to Western media agencies and are probably quite reliable - usually fact checked quite carefully - problem is they are getting arrested and shot for their efforts - (no one much on here seemed to care when I posted that some months back 😕)

That babies and children died from an air attack on a refugee camp is horrific enough without tweets like this trying to conjure up ISIS-like images to describe the IDF’s behaviour.

IMG_1092.jpeg

And we can do without complete and utter BS like this from Netanyahu too …

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here