Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had you forgort what it was like being s**t?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm not having a go at you, But i am getting fed up with posts that go on about the Amex Atmosphere!.
Lets think about this properly. The core of Genuine football fans at the Amex is about the size of the crowds we got at the Withdean.
Most of what makes up the rest are, The newer generation who never attended the goldstone and/or withdean Years,
and have decided to try watching football because of the excellent new stadium.

And Lets not forget the huge corporate segments, who also contain clients who don't even like football, but are there for the experience.
I know this for a fact.

You won't get the atmosphere of White heart Lane overnight for example, who have around 36,000 each week, but are so loud and songful that it can sometimes make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

This is a totally different Football Club now, It will take time for the passion to arise from the other 15,000+ fans to get into it!..
That's if we sort out the mess that's going on right now!.

Plus the atmosphere from the 6,000 fans at Withdean was atrocious anyway.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm not having a go at you, But i am getting fed up with posts that go on about the Amex Atmosphere!.
Lets think about this properly. The core of Genuine football fans at the Amex is about the size of the crowds we got at the Withdean.
Most of what makes up the rest are, The newer generation who never attended the goldstone and/or withdean Years,
and have decided to try watching football because of the excellent new stadium.

And Lets not forget the huge corporate segments, who also contain clients who don't even like football, but are there for the experience.
I know this for a fact.

You won't get the atmosphere of White heart Lane overnight for example, who have around 36,000 each week, but are so loud and songful that it can sometimes make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

This is a totally different Football Club now, It will take time for the passion to arise from the other 15,000+ fans to get into it!..
That's if we sort out the mess that's going on right now!.

Bit harsh. There wasnt an atmosphere at gillingham or withdean. The only place I ever saw one were away games. Personally i am a big fan of an atmosphere.

However we have no chance until people in the north move next to the away fans in the south.

Biggest problem is people are scared of singing or joining in. Not enough people prepered to start songs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't forgotten how we lose all our decent strikers and replace them with disappointing ones. One decent striker and we would not be in a relegation battle.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
this isn't shit.. shit was the mid 90's. Shit was having to pay my mates to come to the match with me (bribery of a meal afterwards) to endure the dross... shit was being able to sit on the old north terrace (crowd so sparse) and watch the match knowing that you wouldn't get up to cheer a goal...ah, those were the days!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But we're not really sh*t are we.

Drawing or losing by the odd goal hardly constitutes as sh*t.
Especially when compared to any number of dross FULL seasons, over the years, we've had to watch.

Incredibly short memoried fans have been purring about the football this season, using it a a stick to beat Oscar with.
All the while just waiting for the attacking unit to click.

If this is sh*t then people have been spoiled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here