Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gym Membership Brighton

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was also with Riptide a few years back & really enjoyed it.

Before i joined (I won a membership) I thought it a bit gay, being there on the seafront and everybody looking in but, once in, i found looking out an inspiration. If you saw a fattie then you worked harder, if you saw a fit bird then you worked harder too!

It also had the great bonus of being on the front so a safe place to store your stuff if you were down on the beach as well as a warm shower after a swim in the sea. I was able to take a dip in the middle of winter knowing I could get out and warm.

Great views too.

Oh, and the gay bit? Well, there were a few 'nice' guys but people tended to leave eachother alone and respect their 'space' and nothing to get bothered about.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Did you ever have the pleasure of being seen to by Kat, Freddie? B-eautiful lady who works there.

Good gang. Most of the workers and the two owners can be found at Yellowwave strutting their stuff.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Esporta Falmer is the best but many cant afford it! Im at Withdean these days,£33 a month which isn't bad but its a pretty shit gym

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Did you ever have the pleasure of being seen to by Kat, Freddie? B-eautiful lady who works there.

Good gang. Most of the workers and the two owners can be found at Yellowwave strutting their stuff.

I can't remember the names (strangly i was there around the 9/11 and actually in the gym whilst that was on TV and the strange co-incidence of us playing Saints that night).

The staff were all very friendly and helpfull, without being pushy. Bear in mind that I was probably old and fatter than the average Riptide punter but I was never made to feel unwelcome.

If it hadn't been for a lack of funds (even though their rates were reasonable) & my Mrs gettinga tad jealous at me turning into a hunk, i might still be there!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Portslade sports centre £30 a year £3.80 per session, mtv etc so unless you go very regularly or are their for the totty, TV lounge, bar the best value by far.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Ah now I used to go there and really liked it. Small but a good atmosphere usually. Unfortunately it was about a 25 min jog there which I could NOT be bothered with in the end.

Do they now have the bench-press machine working? It was always broke sadly which was SO frustrating.

Yes they do, all up & running again.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Does anyone here go to Southwick gym? Is it any good, and what are the fees?

I'm looking into joining a gym again, but funds are a little short.

Any other recommendations for Southwick/Portslade area?

I looked at LA fitness, but think I'd rather a "pay as you go" option rather than a monthly fee, as whilst I want to start again, I'm very prone to changing my mind! Seems LA Fitness is £79 for 6 weeks, which isn't bad, but as I'd probably only go once a week to start with, it's a little steep.

Cheers x

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Does anyone here go to Southwick gym? Is it any good, and what are the fees?

I'm looking into joining a gym again, but funds are a little short.

Any other recommendations for Southwick/Portslade area?

I looked at LA fitness, but think I'd rather a "pay as you go" option rather than a monthly fee, as whilst I want to start again, I'm very prone to changing my mind! Seems LA Fitness is £79 for 6 weeks, which isn't bad, but as I'd probably only go once a week to start with, it's a little steep.

Cheers x

Can you travel?
If so, Corals gym by the greyhound stadium is far cheaper than that. Think im paying £20 a month for a student membership, and I can cancel that whenever (with a months notice). It's nothing on David Lloyds or The Health and Racquet club for example, but it more than does a job as a cheap gym. Has everything you need, normal crowd of people unlike some gyms, and fairly easy to get to.
Would reccommend.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
If you have space, have a gym room at home. No time and effort involved travelling and as its their you will work out more.

Olympic bar ans weights, bench, dumbells and some sort of cardio machine are all you need to get going. Then just add to it kettlebell, bag, pull up bar etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here