Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy that collapsed outside Away end

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Took the shine off the win by seeing a guy having chest compressions and being resuscitated.Any update on him-hope he is ok because it didn't look good

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
The services were fantastic on the scene in a flash very very professional

- - - Updated - - -

The services were fantastic on the scene in a flash very very professional

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey that's a real shame.

Certainly not the first, either.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Walked by that and then had to explain what was happening to my six year old son. As said above brings it all into perspective.

hope he's ok

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
@suspolfootball has tweeted medical incident dealt with superbly by stewards, St John and police? Left asking what was the score.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Walked by that and then had to explain what was happening to my six year old son. As said above brings it all into perspective.

hope he's ok

I don't envy you, that first conversation with a child explaining such an incident must be horrid. From what I've heard as above the gentleman was taken off to hospital

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth

hope he's ok

At least you didn't tell your son that "he had obviously had to much to drink" like I heard one woman tell her kid.

I hope the gent makes a full recovery, very sad way to end the afternoon seeing him laying there. Top marks and respect to the stewards reactions and response though!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I would say that in general, the staff at the Amex as a combined unit, deserve some sort of medal since it's opened. Pretty much every away fan message board has good things to say about them as well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Blimey that's a real shame.

Certainly not the first, either.

Good fortune to the bloke-it was once said that the safest place to have any major medical problem was at a football match-i think if i was to have a problem,i would want it at the Amex.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Must admit, as much as some people dislike the stewards, when something like this happens they really are first class and I for one have no problems with any that work at the Amex! A massive well done to all who helped this poor fella out!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My mate who's a steward said they managed to revive him and he was apparently seconds from being pronounced dead.Horrible sight and like others the result became insignificant for a bit.. Get well soon mate.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was passing the poor guy. The stewards were called and went straight into their routine. Medical help very fast. No panic even from the lad whose job is to direct the bus queues. They all knew exactly what to do and who to call.
I do have one question though. I saw an ambulance arrive a few minutes later from the main A27 although not sure where it went. Do we have ambulances on site?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
There's always ambulances below the steps at the North West entrance I think they are ST. Johns - not too sure when they are used as opposed to the NHS ones though ????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here