Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Smit

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
That was a surprise that nobody expected so there mist be some logic in giving him a new contract that CH is aware of that we are not.
He's more of a coach than a player now. He coaches the young goalkeepers but is still signed as a professional. Same situation that Keeley was in the past although he coached the first team 'keepers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed. I reckon it was a toss up who would go and who would stay when Sexy Pete was released by the club. Since then, I'm not sure he's played more than a handful of games for us. Perhaps he's on a relatively small wage and it's been regarded as insurance, belt and braces as it were. He's not that bad a keeper - he was the mainstay when we won the League 1 title. It's just that he's prone to howlers. At least one a game.

Actually I think he was 'that bad a keeper', even in League One. It amazed me that he kept the shirt for so long, the problem was that Brezovan was even worse.

How Casper the Clown was offered a new one year deal really does beggar belief.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed. I reckon it was a toss up who would go and who would stay when Sexy Pete was released by the club. Since then, I'm not sure he's played more than a handful of games for us. Perhaps he's on a relatively small wage and it's been regarded as insurance, belt and braces as it were. He's not that bad a keeper - he was the mainstay when we won the League 1 title. It's just that he's prone to howlers. At least one a game.

One a game? The same Casper who had eleven clean sheets in our first season at Falmer in the Championship? Yes, he had howlers but one a game is an exaggeration.
We need three keepers to cover injury and sickness, and he has been loyal to us.

As for Dutch keepers, Kuipers did ok for us.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
One a game? The same Casper who had eleven clean sheets in our first season at Falmer in the Championship? Yes, he had howlers but one a game is an exaggeration.
We need three keepers to cover injury and sickness, and he has been loyal to us.

As for Dutch keepers, Kuipers did ok for us.

I don't think you and I will find much to argue about when discussing FDM. Kuipers did much more than ok for us and he's one of my all-time favourite Albion players.

Regarding Ankergren, I just don't think he's a Championship quality keeper. Maybe the one a game howler is an exaggeration but in his Amex years I've never felt confident with him between the posts, I'm not sure anyone did and when you compare him with Kuszczak or Stockdale they're on a completely different level. You're right though, he has been loyal to us and I'm grateful for that but I stand by what I wrote earlier about when Brezovan was released that it could just as easily have been Casper.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think you and I will find much to argue about when discussing FDM. Kuipers did much more than ok for us and he's one of my all-time favourite Albion players.

Regarding Ankergren, I just don't think he's a Championship quality keeper. Maybe the one a game howler is an exaggeration but in his Amex years I've never felt confident with him between the posts, I'm not sure anyone did and when you compare him with Kuszczak or Stockdale they're on a completely different level. You're right though, he has been loyal to us and I'm grateful for that but I stand by what I wrote earlier about when Brezovan was released that it could just as easily have been Casper.

Two metre Peter was worse, in that he went to pieces in high profile games. Liverpool and West Ham spring to mind.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
On Bruno's Tribute to Calde on seagulls.co.uk, it said Bruno was one of the three players who had signed a new one year deal.

So unless that was a mistake, then yes..

Ah ok, missed that.
Casper and Bruno had separate articles saying they'd re-signed so I assumed Nikki hadn't "put pen to paper".

I guess the club don't actually know who has signed for them. From today's Argus:- Brighton and Hove Albion in talks to extend goalkeeper's stay

The future of the Finnish international is in the melting pot as he weighs up whether to remain for another year as David Stockdale’s understudy.
Albion manager Chris Hughton told The Argus: "I’m hoping he will agree. We are in talks with him but nothing is finalised."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interested, as long as we've binned off our Amex era Dutch scout and this comes from another source, because quite clearly he is :shit: if Holla and Elvis are anything to go by.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think this one bit the dust when Maenpaa signed a contract extension.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here